2. Library

Leo ran for his life. His brother couldn't take a joke at times. That was rule one. He didn't expect a backlash. He managed to get himself out of the gymnasium and on the fire exit stairs as he was sprinting fast up the stairs. He looked down and saw his brother opening the door entering the stair case "You are dead."

Leo scoffed "I know." He then ran faster up the stairs. He knew full well he was going to get a beating now that his brother obviously didn't like his joke. What was up with him? He didn't even have a girlfriend. But insulting a non existent girl that belonged to him bothered him.

Leo managed to get to the library and entered where it was deserted mostly. His aim was to go past the silent study area and throw some tables and chairs in his way. But again he managed to find a spot behind the librarian desk and hide underneath it. At this hour there was no librarian. There was only a keeper who was a volunteer student. Whoever was on duty wasn't at their post yet. He heard his brother walking into the reception area. The library was like a maze so Leo had managed to lose Leandro for a few seconds which saved him for now. He just had to wait it out. Leandro was busy or so he said. So he hoped he left soon and then he could think of some way to negotiate and get himself out. He was practicing in his mind what to say to get his brother to forgive him. He was enduring of pain but it didn't mean he wanted to get beaten up by Leandro. If Leandro meant it, he knew he was going to be destroyed. His big brother was much bulkier despite their one year age difference. Leandro was bigger and stronger than most kids his age. At times if he got busy with something more interesting he lost interest in revenge. He hoped this was the case this time.

Leandro was looking around the deserted library with narrowed eyes. He put his hand on his hips while pacing the floor. "Come out Leo. I give you ten seconds..." He then was about to start counting when he heard a voice behind him "Could you please stop shouting in the library... if you don't mind?"

Leandro turned sharply and saw no one.

Leo sighed. Obviously this girl wasn't aware who she was telling off. No one could escape his brother. No one was exception to his rules. Even their cousins got a taste. They went to the O'Neil school at the Irish part of the city but when they saw each other and clashed, Leandro made sure he got them back if they offended him.

Leandro gave out a dark chuckle . "Pardon me?" He looked forward to confront the girl who dared to question him. He just had to find her.

He then saw a girl walking with a pile of books in her hands coming out into view from behind the shelves. She was quite petite or rather petite compared to himself. The books covered her face. She was walking slowly "I asked please don't shout ..."

Leandro was going to enjoy this. "You deserve to be issued a punishment for this. Don't you know who I am?"

She replied hardly in a whisper "I just follow the instructions I have been told by the librarian." She sounded quite shy but obviously she wasn't wise in dealing with her superiors.

He walked to her and hit the pile of books out of her hand and the books dropped  ... and so did his heart. He lost his breath as he looked into the most beautiful pair of eyes he had seen. She was so beautiful. Her eyes matched her white blonde hair and pale skin. At that moment he just wanted to wrap her in a blanket and warm her up as she was shaking. That was what he noticed at first. Her body was suddenly shaking as she was looking at him wide eyed as she looked into his eyes.

She gulped "I am ... I am sorry... I didn't know...." She recognised his face. He was in the handbook. He was the student Dean of the school. At enrolment he heard enough about him. He was dangerous. He owned the school and he made the rules, literally. The rule books didn't apply to him. What he said went. They told him what he had done to people who he didn't like. He had authority to even issue punishments on sight as a student authority to rule breakers. His first rule was not to question him. That was on the student hand book was. The penalty was physical Punishment. She didn't know what that meant but it scared her as he looked up at him and seeing how intimidating he was. He surely didn't want a physical punishment from this boy who was twice her size.