13. Jean the Queen & The Wall

Jacob was sitting down in the stands watching the football trials. Leo was running the show for now and Leandro gave his verdict from his position in the stands with a thumb up or down to Leo. Jacob couldn't help see him as a roman emperor in an arena deciding the faith of fighters. He was quite fitting for an emperor. If he was born centuries ago he would have been ruling.

He shook his head at Leandro and thought of how much he had changed his life. Now his sister was known as jean the queen or queen jean amongst the kids. He was getting a nickname of the wall again. So much for wanting to be invisible in a new school.

Jacob saw Leandro moving towards him and he thought of whether he should have moved. Everyone else around him moved giving way to the emperor. He wondered for a second why did everyone leave to sit elsewhere and then remembered the dean needed privacy.

Leandro sat next to Jacob and as he looked at the field he patted Jacob on the back "Hello, sparring partner."

Jacob turned to him "Excuse me? What was that?"

Leandro said "I said ... hello my sparring partner. You will be practicing with me every day after school in the boxing rink."

Jacob sighed "Of course. We are a team of two. Aren't we? I didn't see you letting anyone else into your boxing club."

Leandro said "There is a league below me. In my league there is just you and me. I know your reputation back in your old school... "Nobody gets past the wall." He then chuckled "I made sure I wrote it on a poster in the sports hall under your name in the boxing section."

Jacob said "Great... Now I will get wall lines again... You know what? I don't even want to argue on this. I don't mind throwing punches at you. I will think of how you overwhelmed my sister on her first day in this school and that will give me an adrenaline rush. What will you be thinking about when you hit me?"

Leandro said "I will be imagining you witnessing your sister getting attention other boys and you do nothing. That is a big motive to beat you up."

Jacob said "Joy, looking forward to it."

Leandro said "I didn't think you will be at my level. You don't look it. Where did you learn to fight? You are not a boxer. You are a fighter. I can tell."

Jacob asked "Doesn't my file supply that information ? I am shocked. You have dug up everything about me. You must know who taught me."

Leandro said "Your file doesn't say you can fight."

Jacob said "My father taught me how to fight. Add it to the file then."

Leandro said "Serious? Do country boys need to fight?"

Jacob said "More so than city boys. Yes."

Leandro asked " You need to fight what exactly at your ranch? Don't you have guns?"

Jacob said "We do have guns."

Leandro asked "Good. So you can shoot. Have you ever killed anyone?"

Jacob laughed "No. I haven't."

Leandro asked "Can jean shoot a gun?"

Jacob said "Yes. Why don't you check the file? Doesn't it say anything we do at home? It only has school and medical records right? And maybe family history..."

Leandro asked "So Jean was taught to shoot by your father? I didn't think she would. She has medical history."

Jacob said "Yes. She can shoot while riding a horse and then jump on trees and climb them. She is not powerless Leandro. She just needs to make some adjustments to her lifestyle here and there. The doctors say she will get better as she gets older. Now she is attending school full time hopefully without problems."