22. Boys

Jean was looking up at the scary looking book in military uniform. He was looking down at her with the most unfriendly expression she had ever faced. She was just frozen in her spot unable to run and she was sure a boy that looked so fit could catch her easily. She was shaking under his stare as he was almost taunting her with his silence. Her heart was racing with every step he was standing there with his deadly looking glare aimed right at her her. She could now understand what it mean when the other girls gave her descriptions of Leandro. This boy in front of her was like Leandro. He took his time looking at her and then said "Repeat what you just said to me..."

He took a step towards her closing the little distance she had created between then by stepping back. She was pushing herself against the wall. His ruthless looking eyes that made her feel cold were on her face and then travelled down. She started shaking as his hand reached towards her. She closed her eyes and then heard his voice "Unique necklace... Is this..."

She opened her eyes and saw the boy holding the quartz necklace that leandro had given her. He didnt look angry any more. He was just looking at the quartz looking like he was trying to solve a puzzle.

He looked up at Jean "This is Leandro's sign ... It marks his realm and marks his territory..." Seriously?"  He was the one now taking a step backwards "How? You are his girl? You are Leandro's girl? No way....... That makes you... Jacob's sister..."

"Yes. She is..." Jacob's voice came from the opening of the corridor that accompanied his heavy footsteps.

Before Arcangelo could reply, Jacob was standing between him and his sister "What have you done to my sister?"

Jean was horrified. She didnt want to see her brother fight. Even though she was still shaken up, Jean stepped forward and took his brother's hand "He did nothing.... I swear. Please dont attack him."

Jacob turned to Jean "Are you sure flower pot? It didnt seem like nothing... You looked terrified..."

Jean said "I am fine."

Arcangelo was silently observing the exchange with a passive expression. He had heard so much about Jacob and Jean from Leandro. The siblings looked nothing alike. Not in his view any way. The girl looked so fragile and pale. But her brother was like a soldier without a uniform both physically and mentally. He sure as hell fought like a soldier or rather killer. Fighters in the rink fought to win for the glory... Street fighters fought to kill to service and live another day. This kid was a mixture of both. 

Jacob smiled "Flower pot. Why dont you go back to the stands... I would like to have a talk with Arcade here..."

Arcangelo corrected "Its Arcangelo..."

Jacob turned to him "I dont care. Makes no difference Arcade..." He then turned to Jean "Flowerpot please go..."

Jean was feeling quite overwhelmed with meeting Arcangelo. He looked like a kid but something inside her told her to stay away. His eyes just radiated danger. She knew if Jacob wanted to talk to this guy he would have done it either way at some point. She couldn't avoid that... Jacob also liked to deal with the likes of Arcangelo alone. He didnt like company or help... So she nodded silently and walked fast out of the way.

Jacob looked at the opening of the corridor and made sure Jean was out of there before he turned to the boy in front of him who was bigger and taller than him "Listen Arcade..."

Arcangelo said "Thats not my name..."

Jacob said "Whatever your name is... I did not like the way my sister was looking like she was about to pass out when she was standing there in front of you... I wasn't here earlier and I trust Jean was telling the truth when she said you did nothing to her... Then how come she looked so scared. What did you say to her?"