34. Delay

Leo was on the phone hoping to talk to Michangelo.

"Hello." Leo said.

Michangelo said "Hi. Leo is that you?"

Leo said "Yes. It's me. How are you holding up mikey."

Michangelo said "Fine I suppose. To what do I owe this pleasure of speaking with you?"

Leo said "The pleasure of speaking to me! Good. So you get pleasure from chatting with me. Its good to know."

Michangelo rolled his eyes "I was being sarcastic as you know. Why would you call me. Our older brothers are best friends but we are not."

Leo said "Exactly. So don't you think we need to be closer friends? How about this? Why don't you come over to our house this weekend?"

Michangelo laughed "So you called to invite me to your house? Seriously?" He then cleared his throat "Your big brother hates me."

Leo said "Only because you don't listen to Arcangelo. Now that you are building bridges with Arc, he doesn't care much mikey. Come to our house this weekend."

Michangelo said "Why? We don't need any male bonding sessions. We will meet when our teams meet. How about that?"

Leo said "Come on mikey. You can't possibly be playing for Nicandro's team. I thought you hate football." If he could convince Michangelo not to play it could be a bonus. He was sure Leandro would have been satisfied with this kind of success. So he tried to convince him to give up football.

Michangelo said "Tell me about it. I don't want to play football. Nic and Nathan insist that I should just because I can."

Leo said "Don't listen to them. It's time you stand up for yourself. Quit football."

Michangelo said "I am close to quitting. How can you guess?"

Leo said "Your talent is good for basketball. Why not try basketball?" He was hoping he said yes. The first step was to get him out of the rival team. Then he could slowly recruit him.

Michangelo said "Nic will go mental if I left."

Leo said "Let him go mental."

****
It was ten minutes left to 5 O'clock. Jacob was eating mac and cheese in the kitchen he shared with Jean. He saw her enter. She said "Hey. You do know I am cooking today. Why are you eating mac and cheese?"

Jacob said "You have a date flower pot. I don't want to disturb you."

Jean say down opposite Jacob and said "You can stay."

Jacob chuckled "I doubt your man would want me to give hun looks while he is dating you."

Jean said "My man? You do see him as my boyfriend right now."

Jacob said "Of course. He makes it clear you are his now. It's official you are his girl."

Jean said "Are you ok with it?"

Jacob said "You need to be ok with it. Not me flower pot. Are you ok with it?"

Jean said "Well. He is just so sincere and honourable. There is not even a formed relationship and we are already seen as a couple. He defended me against Arcangelo like how you did. He is protective. He is kind and he is such a gentleman. I am curious about him."