27. Interference

Leandro took a deep breath and put his hands on his hips as he was staring at Jean. He was looking the crying form of Ingrid and Jean. He had been interrupted by her and reluctantly he had just stopped what he was about to do. He would not have stopped if anyone else interrupted him. In fact he would have chased them out with his knife throwing moves until he dealt with them later. But this was jean.

Leandro for some reason was reminded of the situations when his mother interrupted his father as he was dealing with business. His father stopped too. Always. But he gave his mother a hard time and they argued afterwards of course.

Jean was just standing there and she mouthed to him "Stop please."

Leandro muttered under his breath "I hadn't even started." Then he walked to her direction. He climbed the steps and as he reached her, Jean said to him "Can we go somewhere private please to talk?"

Leandro nodded as he walked past her. Jean turned and saw him. He held the door open for her and gestured to her silently with moving his head for her to come through.

Jean walked through the door and Leandro then walked past her to another door and held it open.

Jean entered the room that was small but cozy. He said "Why dont you take a seat on that sofa while I go back and finish what I was about to start. There is tea and coffee there next to the sink. Once I finish, I will come chat to you." He then walked to the door.

Jean said "No. Leandro. Wait."

Leandro sighed and turned "Jean. Now is not really a good time to talk. This is out of hours anyway. Just stay here and I will come back."

Jean walked towards him "Leandro. I want to talk to you about Ingrid."

Leandro put his hand on the door handle and sighed "Fine... What about her?"

Jean said " I would like to speak to Ingrid and discuss what happened. Will you let me please instead of punishing her?"

Leandro looked into Jean's eyes as he let go of the door "Jean. I respect your wish. You can talk to her."

jean said "I can?"

Leandro said "Yes. Of course. But after I am done with her."

Jean said "No. Please... You are being too harsh on her. You are punishing her publicly in the most humiliating manner. Please call it off... Its too much. What your committee has decided on is too harsh for Ingrid..."

Leandro asked "Which member of my committee told you about the decision?" He walked towards her "Jean... Which one?" I ordered them specifically not to tell you. I was going to talk to you about Ingrid tomorrow."

Jean took a step back and ended up seated on a sofa. She looked up at him as he towered over her.

Leandro said expectantly "Jean. Which one of them told you?"

Jean shook her head "None of them."

Leandro said "I knew you would object to her punishment because you want to forgive. Melanie told me how you prefer to just forget. Fine. If you dont say who disobeyed my orders, I will find out tomorrow who was the culprit."

Jean said "Leandro. It doesnt matter who told me. Please can you leave it? I cant believe how harsh the decision is. It cant happen. When police deals with the matter, if charges are dropped the police drops the case... I never even put in a complaint. Please let me talk to her. I want to know why she hates me that much. I dont want you to hurt her. Please..." Her voice was shaking now. Looking up at him and meeting his intense gaze that was even softer than earlier on, was taking its toll on her. She took a deep breath and looked away. Also imagining Ingrid's punishment was scaring her. She had never heard of anything more horrific.