41. Objection

Leandro had just gotten to school and he made his way to his office. As he entered the building he found the last person he expected to see waiting for him. Levane Kennedy was sitting there in her military school uniform waiting for him and she didnt seem happy.

Levane stood up and said "I am here because I have an objection..."

Leandro raised an eyebrow as he took out his keys "Good morning to you too."

Levane said "Dont play so innocent Leandro."

Leandro opened the door and said "Come in and we can talk... Ladies first."

Levane entered the room and Leandro entered after her. He couldnt help smile. She was hostile as always but she seemed livid. It meant he had done something right. Success. He walked around his desk and sat down "What can I do for you Miss Kennedy."

Levane reached into her pocket and took out a piece of paper. She waved it in her hand. "What is the meaning of this? Why did you match me up to Jacob Neuer?"

Leandro said "Why not?"

Levane said "I have always made it clear I like to be alone. I dont go out with boys."

Leandro said "Correction. Its a partnership. Not a date."

Levane said "This is not happening. I am coming alone to the home coming."

Leandro said "No. The rules are clear. You have to have a partner. Whats the matter Levane? Are you scared of the wall?"

Levane said "Who?"

Leandro said "The wall. Jacob Neuer. You must have heard of his reputation."

Levane said "Is that what he is called amongst his people? Whatever. Wall or Jacob Neuer. I am not scared of him. Who is he? I know he plays football. Lochlan has talked about him before. I wont be partnered with him or anybody for that matter. I go solo."

Leandro said "I said no Levane. My word is final. You havent given me a reason for breaking your partnership with him. Do you want to swap partners?"

Levane said "No. I cant stand boys with their egos... Thats my reason..."

Leandro said "Jacob has no ego. Do your research on him and still if you dont like him as a partner I can arrange for a swap reluctantly. Either that or you wont be coming to the home coming. It will be pointless for you to attend when you wont have a partner for all the exciting activities my school has arranged."

Levane said "This is ridiculous. I cant believe you... Is this your final answer."

Leandro said "Yes. Now I dont wish to continue this conversation. I have work to do..."

Levane said "What is wrong with you?"

Leandro said "Goodbye Levane. Take it easy on the kids today in survival camp." She was there as a guest trainer on an exchange program.

Levane shook her head and sighed. She then left without another word.

*****

Leo was shaking his head at Levane's harshness. the training had been brutal as he had expected. Once it was over and Levane was collecting her equipment, Leo approached Levane "Did you have to be so harsh? So many people left with bruises."

Levane said "I had to go easy on them because they were beginners actually. What is wrong with you Leo? Dont be so soft."

Leo sighed "We dont want to scare off the recruits. They may quit."

Levane said "If they are gutless, you are better off without them. Dont you think?"

Leo said "Well... Not really. Having recruits is better than having no recruits. There is so much time, effort and resources that goes into this camp."