30. Inhibitions

Leandro was staring into Jean's eyes and was feeling her breath on his lips. He didnt want to pull away. He just didnt. It was the closest he had ever been to her.

Jean had never been at eye level with Leandro. even in seated form she still had to look up. Now he was looking into his gorgeous ocean blue eyes.  His lips got closer to her face and his breath was on her lips. He was breathing hard and looking into her eyes intensely.

He breathed "Jean... I am sorry..." Then Leandro swallowed hard and slowly pulled away and leaned to the table.

She whispered "Why are you sorry?"

He replied as he was forcing the words out "Because I have to go... I cant stay any longer... All I want is to kiss you.... I cant stop thinking about it when we are standing this close... I dont know... whats coming over me... I have so much turmoil inside. I am very sorry..."

She blushed at his honesty. Jean looked down and saw how his hands were clutching the edges of the table as he was still bending down. He was fighting with himself on the inside. It was obvious over what now. He wanted to kiss her. He had just said it... She could sense he was having a big fight inside.

She smiled "Why are you sorry? I thought city boys were less shy than country boys... Wanting a kiss is not a sin." Her cheeks were feeling hot. The warmness and gentleness in his eyes and the respect in his tone just forced her to be totally honest with him. He was intimidating with his strong build and tall figure. She only came upto his chest. But in his eyes she only saw a caring soul, a beautiful soul who cared for her and was just so sincere and honest with his words. How could she deny him honesty?

He said "I cant... stay... I must go. I am sorry..." He then took a step away to walk past the table towards the exit to leave but Jean blocked his path which brought him to a halt.

He looked at her with questioning eyes "Jean?"

She said "Why do you want to leave so abruptly. What just happened?"

Leandro said " I should leave because... I just think about kissing you ..."

She whispered  "You are such a gentleman... You are the most honourable man I have met... You dont have to leave Leandro just because you think of kissing me... " Jean took a step closer towards him. She just wanted so badly to give him a hug at that time. He just seemed so torn and worried. She slowly wrapped her arms around his waist and touched her cheeks on his chest making him tense up. He was frozen but then he slowly wrapped his arms around her and took a shaky breath.

He shook his head "Jean... You have no idea whats going on in my mind... I shouldn't think like this about you... Doesnt it worry you that I just want to kiss you?"

She looked up as she let go of his waist slowly and took a small step back "This was a date. It was as good as......  You were well mannered and a gentleman... Leandro...I see nothing wrong with your thoughts... Normally people who are going out together ... kiss on dates."

Leandro was looking at her with an unreadable expression.

Jean then smiled as she reached one of her hands to his face touching his cheek. "Its ok Leandro... I want to kiss you too. The feeling is mutual. It's not just you... who feels this way. So don't feel guilty please."

Jean then took a step back and put her hands behind her back  not knowing where her courage had suddenly come from. She just hugged him and touched his face maybe shyly but she wasn't as scared as before... She just trusted him. The barrier was broken. She trusted him so much and saw him as her boyfriend. Jacob approved of him too which put her mind at ease. She glanced up at him and followed him with her eyes as he said "Thank you for being so considerate ... I don't know if I even can describe to you how I feel right now. I just know I need to leave... I want to kiss you ... I shouldn't think about it..." He felt better she felt the same. Much better.