32. Accidents Happen

During the break Jacob was busy with his partner who was a girl named Sierra. Just as it was announced there was going to be a break and then cpr, Jacob started chuckling as he stood up with Sierra. "They are not kidding around. Are they? We need to do cpr."

Sierra smiled "Its fun." Then Sierra's smiled vanished quickly "Excuse me for one minute." She then walked away.

Jacob quickly discovered why she sprinted away as he heard Leandro's voice from behind him. "Jacob."

What had he done now? He turned around "Yes Leandro."

Leandro stood in front of him with crossed arms "Why does your sister have a bump? Do you know anything? She says she fell but it's obviously not from falling. If you see it you will suspect someone kicked her."

Jacob thought carefully and then said "She has a bump and she says she fell? Where? How?"

Leandro said "So you didn't know?"

Jacob said "Where is her bump? Actually I go ask her now. But please remain here. Let me ask her. I will tell you everything she tells me. I swear." He then walked away quickly and made his way to Jean who was talking to one of the paramedics.

As Jacob got closer he heard her say "I like to be a paramedic. Can I have work experience with your unit?"

Paramedic said "Sure. Send us a letter and we can see if it's possible to fit you in." She said thank you. She then noticed Jacob and excused herself as she walked to Jacob.

Jacob looked at her worriedly and said "Flower pot. Why does Leandro tell me you have a bump and I don't know about it?"

Jean shrugged "Sorry." She pointed to her knee as she pulled her dress up slightly "It's nothing. Look."

Jacob cringed as she saw the bump. "It's not nothing. Why didn't you tell me? How did this happen?"

She said "I fell." Jean bit her lip and looked away.

Jacob put his hands on his hips "Why do you look nervous then? Flower pot, were you kicked? I can tell this bump is from a kick."

Jean looked up at Jacob "How did you figure it out? Yes. It was an accident."

Jacob said "Who did it?"

Jean said "I won't tell you. You play mean when I get hurt." She then started playing with her necklace "Can you just leave it? It was an accident. Accidents happen"

Jacob said "Leave it? Why leave it?"

Suddenly the paramedics rang a bell signalling the end of break and start of CPR.

Jacob said "We will talk again." He then walked to Leandro.

Leandro said "What did she say?"

Jacob signed "Thank you for flagging this up. Someone has kicked her. I saw the bump. But she wont say who did it. We will find out. Lets leave it for now please. She doesnt want to talk about it right here, right now. Lets wait please Leandro."

Leandro's expression hardened and nodded silently as he walked towards Jean.

Jacob stood next to Sierra and watched Leandro approach Jean. He waved at Jean.

As Jean waved at Jacob, she noticed Leandro laying on the ground.

Jean raised an eyebrow "You are on the floor?"

Leandro nodded and said "Yes. Boys go down for CPR." He then closed his eyes as he acted like the patient. Jean watched as all the boys laid down and acted unconscious.