20. Fights From Streets

Jacob was standing not far away looking defiantly at Leandro. He put his hands on his hips "The team needs you now... Only 10 minutes left... Captain." He wanted to say to him to let his sister breathe. But hoped Leandro got the message. Jeanelle could not have peace it seemed like... His poor sister had not even had breakfast yet.

Leandro narrowed his eyes at him but then as he saw Jean looming worriedly between them, he decided to pretend to be fine. He said in a deep voice "Run along Jacob. I am ... busy..."

Jacob coughed. He wanted to say "You are busy my sister? You ginger-snapped bull, let my sister breath. It's not even 7 in the morning yet.... freaking opportunistic sauce box." But he kept composed as he pointed to his watch "Would you like to run with me captain?"

Leandro said to himself " Run with you? I would like to run you over with my bike and bounce you around like I handle spaghetti meat balls..." He said in a low tone "Move along... I will run ... after you Jacob... or is it you are just not into running... you want your personal horse to take you to practice..."

Jacob told himself "At least I can ride a horse, you city boy... Can you even ride a carousel horse? You couldn't even ride your way out of a wet paper bag." He smiled at his own private joke. He said to Leandro "Very well. I will run to the training ... but ... I will race you. I don't need no horse..." He then started jogging and turned to Leandro "Are you afraid of a challenge? Do you want to make a bet who wins?" He then ran knowing Leandro would never let anyone challenge him and walk away. He just wanted Jean to breathe. The guy had no sense when it came to overwhelming jean. After he ran for a while and saw the training grounds to be within a few meters, he stopped and he looked behind him. But he didn't see Leandro. He was annoyed and disappointed. Why didn't he follow? It was impossible. Leandro would never have let anyone walk away if they spoke to him like that. He stopped running and turned but then came face to face with Leandro who was standing in front of him a few meters away in front of the entrance to the grounds leaning to a pillar. Jacob breathed. "How in the world?"

Leandro said "I won."

Jacob laughed "What?"

Leandro said "You heard me." He then started walking towards him.

Jacob asked "Where did you come from?"

Leandro said "You took the longer route to the grounds. I took a direct route. A bet is a bet..." He was standing in front of Jacob "Next time take the direct route..."

Jacob said "Short cuts are making the results void..."

Leandro said as he started circling him "It was a direct route. I will show you on the map." He then stood behind him "Now, you want to bet I won't kick your backside for disturbing me from seeing your sister? Don't think I don't know why you did it... I could see it in your eyes. The same feeling I have when Arc tries to get close to Lavinia too much overwhelming her."

Jacob turned "It's good we have an understanding. I knew you have sense... You won fair. What do you want me to do for losing?"

Leandro chuckled darkly "Oh. Insignificant. That is. You will run extra laps for the bet, but for deliberately interrupting jean and I When I was planning to spend time with her. You disturbed that plan... So I will kill time with you until the training starts... My dear brother has given the guys time off this morning or so they told me. But I know you liked getting in earlier than other in the past week to run more..."

Jacob just remembered. Of course. They started late that day because that day was a half day. They only had drama auditions in the afternoon. He said "Alright then. Kill time with me. How are you planning to do that?"