28. Afterwards

Jean said "Please don't hurt Melanie.... Are you going to go and confront her about it. She is my friend."

He said "I can't confront her about it actually. She just left the campus with her parents. She needed to go home."

She asked "She had to go home? Is everything ok with her?"

He nodded "She is alright. Don't worry... I got a letter that she had to leave tonight at midnight. Now it's getting late. Let me walk you to your dorms..."

She shook her head "No. I can't leave until you let Ingrid go. You have made her suffer so much."

Leandro said "I will let her go. I will offer it to her."

She asked "You... You will?"

He nodded "I like to catch her in the act again Jean. You can't save her twice. She must suffer the full consequences."

Jean wanted to say Ingrid had suffered more than enough but thought against it. She was sure nothing was enough for Leandro when it came to defending her. His reaction to his so called old friend, Arcangelo was pretty drastic. It was an over reaction and that kid was his best friend. She had a pretty good idea about what lengths he went to protect her and to tell the world she was his to protect.

****

Jean was now walking to her dorms with Leandro. He had gone to see Ingrid as she had looked on. He had made an ultimatum to her and had informed her she had a lifeline because jean wanted him to let her go. He had warned her to watch her mouth and next time he wasnt going to be nice. But Ingrid's reaction had surprised her. She had begged him to actually go ahead with her sanctions. She had followed him and begged him to let her serve her sentence. She had said she didn't want to get a worse punishment. It seemed like she was worried worse was coming her way. She didn't understand why. Maybe if Leandro showed someone mercy he made them pay the price dearly the next time anyone had a hiccup in their act. But what could be worse for Ingrid.

When they reached her dorms he said "I hope tomorrow you get to sleep earlier. I have a feeling Ingrid won't bother you again. Sleep tight."

She said "I don't think she will bother me. Her apology letter she had written while we were talking in the other room was pages long..." And it was soaked with Ingrid's tears too. What Leandro did to the girl to make her so sorry. Apparently he had done nothing. The threat was enough.

Leandro said "Good night jean."

Just then Leandro heard his name being called. He turned and saw Jacob. He had a pile of papers in his hand. He walked to Leandro and handed him the papers "Here we go. My detention homework."

Leandro grabbed it "You didn't have to write this if you did what you were told. Don't make me fine you again."

He said "I take a stand. I will do it again if I feel I need to protest next time... Next time, Dean Rosario be my guest to fine me again." He then turned to jean "Flowerpot. Why are you awake? Is he keeping you up all night? Did you also play up in some kind of detention?" He turned to Leandro and said in a mocking tone "I didn't see sleep deprivation in the handbook as a punishment."

Leandro said "You don't need to mock the discipline system. That's a strike."

He chuckled "Make it two... Your discipline system is crazy as the one who wrote it. Oh ... That's you... You need to chill and relax your rules."

He then turned to Jean "Let's go Flower pot."

Leandro said "Goodnight Jean."

Jacob opened the door to jeans dorm and held the door open as he said "No good night for me?"