42. Navigation Exercise

Jacob was walking alone in the woods. He was not in school. He was at a military school. Because of his participation in survival camp the school had a trip to the grounds of a military school where Leandro used to attend. They had an exercise to do a treasure hunt in the grounds and use their skills for navigation. They had to do it alone. He had been walking for fifteen minutes and still he hadn't found anything yet.

He stopped and looked at the map. As he was looking at the map he found himself in a headlock as someone grabbed his neck in their hands and dragged him away. He struggled to get away. They dragged him for a while and then as he started he found himself dragged into a cabin.

Then suddenly Jacob managed to overcome whoever that was choking and dragging him. He freed himself. Jacob was coughing as he turned around and faced his attacker. He looked at him with shock. The attacker was bulky and muscular. No winder he hadnt budged. He stared at him as he stopped coughing "What did you do this for?"

The attacker stood there and crossed his hands over his chest as he was leaning to the door blocking the exit deliberately. He looked at Jacob silently and calmly. He then narrowed his eyes "So... you are the great Neuer that everyone talks about."

Jacob said "I am Jacob Neuer. Nice to meet you." He then offered his hand for the attacker to shake. "Can I find out who do I have the pleasure of meeting right now?"

The attacker looked at his hand and looked at Jacob. He let his hands down and took a few steps towards Jacob. As he was no longer crossing his hands over his chest Jacob managed to read the badge on the attacker's military uniform "Captain Lochlan Kennedy."

Lochlan raised his hand and shook Jacob's hand and squeezed hard "Yes. Thats me. I am delighted to meet the boy who is taking my sister to the charity homecoming." He then twisted Jacob's arm and made him turn around. Jacob freed himself and turned to Lochlan.

Lochlan said "Your reflexes are so slow. You need faster reflex than this if my sister doesnt like you."

Jacob said "First you choke me and next you nearly pull my hand out of its socket... Why?"

Lochlan said "But I didnt pull your hand out of its socket. I could. But I didnt. You are matched up with my sister by Leandro and he has a reason to put his queen's brother as my sister's homecoming date... I cant possibly send you back to him with a busted arm. He is waiting for you at the other side of the compound after all. So dont complain."

Jacob said "Am I meant to say thank you then? Why did you attack me?"

Lochlan said "To test you... It seems that you are a great football player. One of the best. But you are not amazing in your reflexes in a fight."

Jacob said "I can hold my own."

Lochlan said "I bet you can. Otherwise Leandro wouldn't have paired you up with my sister. But your reflexes can be faster. You shouldn't get caught if she attacks you and rejects you."

Jacob said "Dont you want your sister to kick my backside?"

Lochlan said "I do. I am just stating a fact. You need faster reflexes with my sister. Now thats besides the point. You are here to answer my questions."

Jacob said "Really? You dragged me to ask me questions?"

Lochlan said "Yes. You need to answer me before you can take my sister to the home coming."

Jacob couldnt believe Lochlan. But he said "Ok. Fire away." He had nothing to hide. It made sense for a brother to question his sister's home coming partner.

Lochlan said "How many ex-girlfriends have you had? I want their names and addresses."

Jacob was taken back by the question. He blinked. But then he stated "I have never had a girlfriend."