Chapter 2 Frost

Author's Note;

Now here is Jacks point of view. Enjoy. Please leave a like, comment and/or vote if you want me to continue.  it would help me out a lot.

BTW,  this is once again unedited.  ENJOY!

* * * * * * * * *

The northern winds carried me higher up into the sky. Once at the correct altitude, it winds stopped and I began to free fall for about a thousand feet.

Shouting out in joy, twisting, and tumbling. Anchoring my Staff as it caught me and I began to soar once more.

This freedom. This feeling. Only a few could truly understand how this kind of rush feels. The soaring sensation as you dodge through trees, running horizontally on the side of a mountain or free falling at extreme heights just to catch yourself and to do it again.

This is my life, and I wouldn't trade this for anything.

After visiting Europe, I love the fact they still believe in the Guardians. Even me, that was what surprised me the most. And not just the children, some of the other adults saw me and one even cheered for my arrival.  I do have to say, it feels nice to be seen again. It's been so long that I have been along.

Since that battle with Pitch,  the words spread through the children and adults about what we did, now none of us are alone. The Guardians are powerful then ever and the children can sleep in peace.

***a few hours later****

Just passing Norway, heading more north, I stopped.

What was that? Hearing something off in the distance,  it sounded like someone was crying?

How could someone be so sad on a night like this?

Glancing up towards the moon,  to see if there is anything that I could do. He shined a bit brighter for a moment but didn't interject.  Must mean that it's alright for me to go check it out and see if whoever is crying is alright.

Launching myself from a tree limb, I headed in the direction in where the sobs were coming from.

Since the battle with Pitch years ago, The Man in the Moon has been able to speak with me. Not in words or anything, but at least now I'm able to understand him if something needs to be said.

Approaching the noise, I came to a Castle the was built by the coastline of the ocean.  surrounded by a thriving village that was asleep. It was incredible.

The sobs continued faintly, though not towards the village, but in the castle.

Flying around all its windows, one room, in particular, caught my eye.

Candles light lightened it, shining a mysterious glow. Approaching the windows seal, I peeked into the glass and saw a girl.

Short, shoulder length brown hair, sorrow filled eyes, she clutched onto a purple cloth in her hands as a Wanted Poster laid beside her.

Strange things to have when your crying, in my opinion at least.

Resting my hand on the window, frost began to crawl onto the glass, making a light crackling noise.

Cursing under my breath, the girl's head turned to my direction. I just stood there frozen for a second before I hid around the wall.

"Who's there?" I heard her sniff. Soft footsteps approached the window. Throwing the pane open, stick out her head, scanning the area. Before she could look at me, I flew up and over her head.

It's unlikely she is even able to see me. Only a few adults do and she looks like she could be around seventeen or eighteen. So why am I hiding?

She sighed, shaking her head. I watched her as she examined the frost that curled over the glass. She smiled faintly.

"It seemed like Jack Frost came for a visit," she coughed out a laugh the turned inside.

What?

What did she just say?

Looking inside, she was back on the bed, now holding the Wanted Poster in her hands.

Slowly, I crept in. Does she really know me? Could she see me?

Sitting on the ledge, she gasped and our eyes met. Her large, beautifully round, emerald green eyes stared at me.

"Who are you?" she spoke in a panic. I just froze by the window. She does see me.