Chapter 16 Search

Jack's POV;

Bunny searched through his tunnels. Tooth searched through the forest. Me, I searched through the skies. Our destination; Pitch's layer by the pond where the broken bed was. It's the only place he could be. His Nightmares trapped him there. He must still be inside that Tunnel.

Touching down, the pond was just beginning to freeze over. Winter was reaching close to this area. 

"So this is it?" Bunny said, standing next to me as he had just emerged from his tunnel. Tooth landed softly next to us.

"I never thought that we would come back here," Tooth shivered, clenching her hands up to her chest.

"If he has her, then we must save her," I stated firmly, looking down the hole. Bits of broken wood splintered around the hole. Nail marks clawed in the dirt from where he was dragged. This place used to bring me peace. Knowing that that monster was imprisoned. Now, all I feel is an uneasy feeling of anger and dread. How could he just take her? From her own room?

I could have saved her! I could have gotten there in time if I didn't turn around. "This is all my fault," I muttered. About to hear Tooth say something, I jumped into the dark hole.

At the bottom, I followed the tunnel until I reached his layer. Bunny and Tooth were right behind me.

"Oh no," Tooth gasped. My feeling was mutual. This place was trashed. All of the cages were smashed and scattered all over the ground. His black globe was missing and everything looked ruined.

"What happened here?" Bunny asked. Walking through, It was inevitable. Pitch hasn't been here for awhile. Last time I was here, everything was dark, but in a way, clean. Now, dust and cob webs covered this place. The residue of sand scattered the floor, but not much traces of anything else. He wasn't here. He hasn't been for awhile.

"Jack?" Tooth spoke softly.

"She's with that thing and its all my fault!" I snapped, crouching towards the ground, clutching onto my staff.

"How is this your fault?" Bunny asked from behind, hearing both of them walking closer to me.

"I was the one who found her. I got her involved with us. If I had gone straight to her room instead of stopping, she could have been safe. She could have been with us!"

"Jack, you don't know that," Tooth began slowly, feeling her hand on my shoulder. "I see that. I saw how she looked at you, she wanted to be with you. She looked happy because you were around." She sat on the ground in front of me. Her eyes looked sorrowful. Bunny stood behind her, leaning against a wall, looking away into the shadows, boomerang in hand. "We will find her. She is safe, I can feel," she smiled. Despite her efforts, I had trouble believing that, but she was right. Rapunzel will be found. I don't care if I have to go to the end of the Earth, I will find her, even if it kills me.

Heading back to Statara's, I fell behind, flying slow. Bunny was already long gone, and Tooth went ahead after I insisted i wanted to be alone. I need a plan. Punzie could be anywhere right now. Anywhere with that spirit from the dark ages.

If Pitch was the same as he always been, he's most likely somewhere dark. Which doesn't narrow my search any. 

Rapunzel's safety was always my first priority from the moment I heard her cry. Of any good that I did. It's all because of me that she was taken. I promised her parents that I would bring her home. How can I do that when I don't even have a clue in where to look.

Landing on the sandy beach, I was meet by Statara. Her gold hair just made my heart ache. Not making eye contacted, I walked towards her house to meet the others.