Chapter 5 The Sun

Author's Note;

unedited again as usual. I hope this doesn't sound like it's been slapped together. I've been having a lot on my mind recently and hard to focus sometimes.  Please enjoy this though. Jacks point of view is up next. hope you like it

Rapunzel's  P.O.V

Going on with my everyday life at my Mother and Father's side. Nothing seemed to compare like that night I had with Jack. It was too real to be a dream. I could still remember the coldness in his hands, the sound of his laugh, the feeling of the wind surrounding me as we flew into the night. But once I set foot back in my room and he left, I felt hollow once again.

Being around the Villagers and my family. Helping the servants cook and clean, they all seem to help but nothing could compare. I do wish to see him again. To fly at least one last time. He promised that he would come back, but I have to stay occupied till that time comes. If I sulk and whine about it, I would be back to where I was.

I miss Eugene terribly, but that's all in the past. He will always be with me in my heart no matter how much I want him with me, nothing can bring him back. I tried.

It has has been a week since Jack was here last. Getting winter started around the world must take some time. I might not even see him again until spring. The thought saddens me, but he promised that he would be back and I'm counting on it.

The thought seemed to have lifted my spirits. Skipping down the large hall way, barefoot as usual. It's been difficult for me to get accustomed to the Royal life, but my parents have been so patient with me through the whole process. They even allowed me to paint the walls in my room as well as a few empty one throughout the castle. Still giving my freedom but also giving me some reasonable responsibilities. I'm allowed to roam the Castle as I please, except for Father's meeting room. I need permission to go in there. And I can take Maximus to go anywhere around the Kingdom, which is a lot more room than the upper tower where I used to live.

I can see the Markets, visit people and the stables, see theaters and actually go places with my family instead of being left behind. The only real rule that they enforce is for me to not go outside at night unless I inform someone about it first. So that night when I meet Jack, I broke that rule. But how could I explain it to someone?

'Oh hey, I'll be heading outside my window for a bit. This guy who can create snow and frost came into my room and asked me to go fly with him. I'll be back later'. Yeah, I don't think that would end very well.

So in the meantime, while I wait, I promised Maximus a trip to the coastline for a picnic. Mostly it's just a snack for me. I had to bribe him to come along with some oats and a big bag of apples.

At the stables, Maximus galloped joyfully as he saw me heading towards him with his treats.

"Hey there, Boy," I cooed, brushing his mane with my fingers, he snorted and nudged his head, nearly knocking me over. "You ready for that ride?" I asked, handing him an apple. He neighed and positioned himself for me to saddle him up.

Once finished, we trotted through the streets. All the villagers stopped to say hello to us as we passed. The children chased us playfully as we headed to the forest.

These familiar woods were silent today. Not really unusual but it still had an eery feeling. Usually, by now, we would run into a racing field mouse or even a simple bird, but I wasn't hearing any commotion. Pressing forward, heading off the main trail that we made to wards the water, Maximus stopped.

"Maximus? whats wrong?" I asked, stroking his head, he didn't budge. "Max? I asked quieter this time following in the same direction where he was looking towards. But I saw nothing. This is strange.