Chapter 19 Alone

Rapunzel's POV: 

Back in the darkness. For a moment, I was with Jack and the others. I wanted to be able to hang onto that moment for as long as I could until the darkness took over.
At the very least, I knew that I was with them. With Friends who would watch over my body as my mind was lost in this abyss of darkness.

For now, my physical self-was safe with the Guardians instead of with Pitch or lost in the wilderness. At least I can be at peace with that matter.

Off into the distance, I saw a small light shining off in the blackness. Watching it, it grew as I came closer. 

Swallowing the darkness with its light, turning everything a blinding white. Consuming the darkness, golden sand flowed all around the room. Watching it dance and twist around me. Forming shapes of figurines. Tears filled my eyes as I saw Jack and I flying together, holding hands as we flew around the white room. The gold illuminated his smile, the joy on our faces. I heard his laughter.

After a short time, the sandy images twisted into another figure. My Parents from the day I came home from the tower. Mother stood in front of Father, looking at me with shock and disbelief. She approached me. Her sandy hand brushed my face and she let out a laugh, putting close to her. Father joined and I cried some more. Feeling my chest tightened with this dreadful feeling. I miss them. I wish that they were really here. Their love is what I miss. 

Sand washed over me as I fell onto my knees, watching the sand turned into a spiral into the sky. Once it collided with what must have been the ceiling, it broke away into Million of pedals and snowflakes. The combination of spring and winter. My heart fluttered lightly as the beauty of the golden snowfall and flowers covered the area.

This must be Sandy's doing, I smiled. Feeling a rush of joy that I have never felt in this place. He, all of the Guardians, are doing everything they can to make me feel at peace while I've in the hands of the enemy. 

Jack, Statara, Tooth, Bunny, Sandy and North. They all truly care about the safety of the children, the well being of my self. Even if something could possibly be out of they're hands, they will still, at the very least, make the situation bearable for someone else.

I just wish that I was back with them, with my friends. If only for a moment longer. I wanted to be back, with My family, my friends, with Jack.

Jack was always there. Making me feel safe. Lending an ear when I told him about Eugene. My loneliness of being in that tower. He understood. He knew. When he's gone, my loneliness returns. As if I'm back in that tower. He completes me.

Just in how my Father is to my Mother. The Sun is to the Moon. One is not complete without the other. Without the Sun's light, the moon can't brighten the night sky. The moon brings balance, structure to the earth. The Sun gives warmth. He is my structure.

Jack, when did I realize that I needed you so much? Why am I so close to you, yet so far away?

The sand pedals and snow stopped abruptly, and like an overly stretched rubber cord, the light snapped back and the darkness crawled over. The golden sand fell into black rocks. 

Covering my head with my arms, the black sand tumbled down around me, covering me and the ground.

I let out a scream as the light shut off into darkness.

It was quiet.

An eerie chuckle echoed all around me.

Looking up through my hair, holding it close to me, a gray figure emerged in front of me. Slowly walking closer to me.