Chapter 24 Goodbye part 1

Author's Note;
So sorry for the long update.  I decided to post now and give my Video editor girl a chance to work on her video. If she likes, she can post it on my last chapter and if she wants to make more,  I'll make a bonus chapter.  Enjoy my faithful readers. I am so sorry for the super long update. Your patience is everything to me.
On to Part 1!!!!

Jack's POV;

"Statara?!" I heard Rapunzel scream as she pushed me aside to get to her.

I froze.

She just laid there, lifeless.About to reach out to her, I stopped. Rapunzel scooped her head up into her arms as she began to cry heavily, gently cradling her head close to her chest.

"Statara . . . ." I breathed, starting to feel light headed. Looking around, everyone stood around in shock. That it is, everyone but one.

The Reaper.

He looked directly at me. His cold, dead, foul eyes locked into mine. A sadistic smirk formed on his smoke, black lips. His white teeth shined through.

Digging my fingers into the dirt, I could feel my body shake, heating up with rage. Before I knew it, I was on my feet and charging forward.

"You Bastard!!" I screamed, slashing my staff towards him. Sending slices of ice right for his head. It cut through the smoke but he vanished, then reappeared in the air above my head. "Come down here and FIGHT ME!" I shouted, sending more ice at him. Watching as it just cut through the smoke but didn't do any damage.

"You're a fool," The Reaper spoke firmly, looking down at me, at all of us. "You all came here on your free will to fight me, and you call me a bastard for defending myself? I was fearing for my life."

"That's a Lie!" I heard Rapunzel cry out. Looking over my shoulder, I saw her stand up just as Bunny took her place holding Statara for her. "What you did wasn't justified. You Murdered her for protecting us!" she shouted,  hear her force down her emotions, but tears still trickled down her flushed cheeks. "You're a Monster!"

"I am no monster, human," he sighed, shaking his head before looking at her. "I am Death," he growled, then plunged right towards her.

In instinct,  I threw an ice barrier in front of Rapunzel just as North jumped in and sliced the smoke creature with his sword.

The Reaper vanished for a short while before reappearing back in the center of the clearing.

"You can't fight me, Guardians, Death is eminent. I am the deliverer of lost souls. One touch from me and your immortal lives will cease to exist," he hissed. Extending his long, sleeve cover arms. Bone white fingers started to peek through the ends of his sleeves.

His smoke like body began to form and take shape of a man. A black cloak with smoke edges along the ends of the sleeves and hem on the bottom of his garment. A wide hood covered his face, shadowing out his features. All, that is, but his white, piercing eyes and wide, wicked smirk.

"You can't defeat me. Just like that pathetic Guardian who's passed out in the dirt. You can't stop me," the Reaper stated. Holding out his arms as smoke twisted and formed a long staff with a curved, clean blade forming at each end.

I looked over to where Pitch was laying, sprawled on his back. He looked cold, almost lifeless, that is. If it wasn't for the fact that his chest was moving from his breathing, I would have thought that he was dead.