Chapter 17 Questions

Rapunzel's POV; 

It's so dark here.

I can't see anything.

Where am I? What is this place?

Trying to feel around, there was nothing to touch. No objects, just cold, black air.

Jack!? I tried to call but there was no voice, only my thoughts echoed within the blackness. JACK! I screamed internally, but nothing returned my call. What is this place? What's happened to me?

Where was Pitch? What has he done with me?

I remember him. I remember the darkness of black sand before I was consumed by nothing.

So where was I now? What was this place?

Rapunzel. A voice called through the shadows. I couldn't tell where it came from or who it may have belonged to. It sounded like it was coming from every direction.

RAPUNZEL! the voice screamed, sounding more feminine. My stomach dropped.

Gothel appeared slowly before me. Her hair gray and skin looked aged but still looked recognizable.

M-Mother--- I panicked. Trying to move away but I hung where I was, suspended as she came closer, approaching me slowly.

Why did you kill me, Rapunzel?! Didn't I do EVERYTHING for you?

Mother, I-I'm sorry, I--I didn't mean for you to die.

LIAR!!! She screamed, suddenly appearing right in front of me. Her gray curls floated in all directions, brushing against my skin. You wanted me gone! You wanted to be with that boy so bad! You wanted to leave your own Mother alone to DIE!!!

You're Not My Mother!!! I screamed. The words escaped my mind. You stole me from my real home and isolated me from everyone. You Lied To Me!!! You told me that the world was a cruel and awful place but I never saw that! The only thing cruel and awful that I knew about was YOU!!

With that, she vanished. Mother? I called out but there was no response. Was this a dream? What was she doing here?

"Now that was a little harsh," a cold voice said from behind me. I spun around to only a face with a set of illuminated golden eyes.

Pitch?!

"She was your Mother, after all, and even after all of this time, you called her a liar?" he started to appear before me. His gray skin standing out of the pure blackness of our surroundings. Only his exposed skin on his arms, face, neck, partial of his chest and gold eyes, actually shown through the darkness.

She lied to me. For years she's lied to me about what was really going on! I tried to defend myself, Pitch just shook his head disappointed.

"And you never lied once?" I froze. "Didn't you lie to her about why you really wanted her out of the tower? Weren't you going to lie to your birth parents about your renewed abilities? About Jack? You can't tell me that you are more superior than the woman who raised you?"

My breath caught in my throat. H-how did you---

"Please, there really isn't anything that I don't know," he stated, floating around me, circling like a predator. "Yes, she wanted your hair to keep her young, but did she starve you? Mistreat you? Made you feel like your very life was in danger?"

No, She didn't. I can remember a few times when I felt belittled by her like I was not smart enough, but she always cared for me. She would even make my favorite foods on days I felt miserable and on special occasions. She may have lied to me, but she cared for me.