Chapter 3 The Sun

Author's Note;

again, this story is unedited and I apologize for any and many of my mistakes. I will put them into consideration,  but until there fixed, please, enjoy the story.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

I looked at this stranger.  Wearing a blue sweatshirt, with a snug, tattered brown pants. His feet were bare and his skin was pale. He had hair as white as snow and frost covered his clothes.

"Are you alright?" I asked as I jump up off my bed. He hardly flinched. Staring at me like I had just had done something extraordinary.

He blinked and shook his head, but never took that surprised look off his face.

So without a word, I grabbed my cover blanket from my bed and threw it over his head. He stumbled off the window and peeked through the blanket.

"What's this for?" he asked hesitantly. His voice sounded slightly deeper than I thought it would be.

"It is freezing outside. You look cold," I said, unsure how he didn't understand my gesture. He laughed and dropped the blanket on the floor behind him.

"It's not that cold, I'm actually quite used to it," he said so casually, though I don't understand why. He took a cautious step closer to me, though I didn't move or felt threatened by his presence.

"How did you get up here? It's well over a hundred feet up from the ground?" I asked, remembering where my room was located.

"So you really can see me?" he asked hesitantly. I was confused.

"Of course I can see you. Am I not suppose to?" he smiled, and coughed out a nervous laugh.

"B--but how? Your an adult, right? Only a few can see me and that's mostly children," he continued. Now I'm thoroughly confused.

"Yeah, I'm nineteen, what does that have to do with anything?" I asked slowly. Not fully aware of how this guy had entered my room and acting like a confused child in front of me.

"You said my name, right by the window. You know me?" He said in almost a panicky tone, though he kept his voice low and stable.

I looked at the window and saw the frost that had danced on the glass only a few moments ago. "Jack Frost," the words escaped my lips. Looking over, the boy began to smile happily and jumped in the air, doing an amazing, yet graceful, back flip.

"Your Jack Frost?" I asked louder, his laughter continued as if this was the happiest moment of his life.

"Yes, It's so rare to find someone older who still believes in me. Usually, around the age of twelve, the children start to forget about me and started to grow but, how do you still know me?" he asked as he practically flew towards me, standing only a few feet away. I couldn't help but smile too. He seemed so childlike yet so alive!

"When I was a child, Mother used to tell me stories about the spirit who brought the winter. I was always so invited by the stories that I guess I never truly forgot about them. About you," I admitted with a smile. He beamed, taking his hands around my waist and spun me up in the air as if I had weighed nothing. He threw back a joyous laugh and I joined in. I don't know why I was so happy, but just being with him had seemed to bring out the joy in me that was so long forgotten.

"This is incredible!" he shouted joyously as he placed me down on the ground gently, still holding onto my waist. His touch felt so cold, but his eye was an incredible icy blue.

"I'm glad you think so," I said casually,  now feeling slightly uncomfortable as his hands still never left my waist.  Clearing my throat, he looked confused,  that is until he looked down and saw where his hands were. Throwing them in the air, he quickly took a step back and bowed down low at the waist, with one hand in front and the other behind his back.

"My apologies, Princess. I must have gotten to over excited."

"No, don't worry about it, really, it's alright," I stated nervously, sounding startled to my own ears. Walking up to him, forcing him to stand up straight. He smiled, which caused me to stop.

"Let me make it up to you," he said earnestly,  gently taking my hand in his. His hands felt so cold compared to mine, and his completion was lighter than mine. Everything about him just screamed winter.

Cold skin, white hair, the carefreeness that involves with winter to a child. I was drawn to him in a way.

"How are you going to do that?" I asked slyly, giving him a sincere, slight smile. His eyes narrowed playfully.

"Let me show you a new kind of freedom," he said eagerly. My eyes widened. A new freedom? Is that possible? Ever since I left the tower over a year ago, freedom was all I could ever wish for. All I could ever want. And with the King and Queen, my birth Mother and Father, they have given that to me. What could he offer that's a "new freedom".

"What kind of freedom?" I asked cautiously.  He smiled widely and took me by the hand towards the window.

"I'm going to show you how I got to your window."

Feeling slightly panicked, he must have felt it because he stopped just short of the seal. "I promise, Princess, I will not let you fall," he reassured me, and for some reason, I believed him.

"Okay," I breathed with the best smile that I could muster. Stepping closer, Jack hoped on the window, holding my hand in one of his and a staff in the other.

Stepping up, he securely wrapped his arm around my waist. Looking down, seeing the height,  I wrapped my arms around his neck.

Last time I was this high, was when I left the tower and Eugene was there for me. I also had my hair for support. Now, all I have was this boy's word and his arm around my waist. Not very safe if you ask me.

"You ready Princess?" he asked, taking a deep breath, I nodded

"Y-yes, I'm ready," I mustered what bravery I had,  taking a look out towards the sky.

"Good," he said, then pushed us the window and we began to free fall towards the ground.