Chapter 13 Training

Rapunzel's POV;

After Lunch, Jack had to leave to go back to Statara's Island. He promised that he would be back to pick me up in three days, so in that time, I would prepare and ready myself for the trip.

"He seams like a nice young man," Mother said as I watched Jack flying away off of the Castle's look out.

"Mother, he's about 300 years old. He is nowhere near a 'young man," I corrected with a laugh, this made her chuckle softly.

"I guess you're right," she said with a smile as she still looked up into the sky. "That would explain his slight maturity."

Maturity? I guess he has some, but he is very free spirited.

"Oh, Mother?" I asked suddenly, her attention was brought back to me and she smiled.

"Yes Sweetheart?"

"Do you think Captain Boggs is available today? I agreed with North that I would spare him for my training and I need to get some practice in?"

Mother's eyes softened and she let out a slight laugh. "Oh, I think that can be arranged."

"Thank you!" I cheered giving her a quick hug before running down the hall.

"Check the Gates, he's probably on duty!" Mother called out just as I flew down the stairs. Dodging some of our maid servants as I started to walk again, still getting stares from my new hair.

Reaching the Gates, I stopped, seeing the Captain in a conference with two other Guards. Approaching slowing, one of the Guards noticed me but didn't seem to quite recognize me.

"Young lady, this section of the grounds is off limits, please stay within the guided areas for commoners," he said with a snooty tone, I just continued to approach.

"That's all well and good, Sir, but I live here," I said. He still didn't seem to understand.

"You need to leave the premises, woman, before I have you dragged out!"

"Captain Boggs!!!" I called out, ignoring this young man's threats. The Captain turned in my direction. He also looked confused as he began his approach to me.

"You may not recognize me, but my Mother said that if you had the time this afternoon, you could spare with me?" finally, his eyes flickered in understanding.

"Rapunzel?" he asked confused. Both of the young Guards stared stunned.

"Princess!?" they said in unison.

"Yes, it seems that I have regained my gifts from birth and my blond hair is back," I quickly explained in a way I think would be enough information. All three of them stood up straight in my presence. "At ease, Men, please," I said, raising a hand, and they did.

"Of course Ma'am, I would gladly spare you, just meet me in the training fields and I'll be with you shortly," Captain Boggs said with a gentle smile, I curtsied to him and his men.

"Thank you Captain, Guards," I said and walked away. Once out of sight, I ran to the training grounds. My heart pounded with excitement. It seems like its been forever since I trained with the Captain. He's practically Father's right-hand man. A very respectable man and one of the few people who actually knew about what kind of "Gift" I was possessed with and an infant.

When I first came into this Family after Eugene and Gothel died, The Captain suggested sparing with me to help me get my mind off of things. To his surprise as well as my own, I was an excellent swords man with good potential. For a few months, I trained under him and had excelled, but as a Princess, Mother found it inappropriate, but Father let me learn until Captain Boggs had to leave to train the new Guards. Mother eventually warmed up to the idea of me sparing again but it has been so long since I practiced, who knows if I can still fight.