Love

My name is Mimi; I live with my beautiful family, the Kurus'. They are the most beautiful family I have ever seen; the mother and father love each other dearly. The parents spoiled the two little sisters non-stop while the oldest son was especially given everything since he was the one to take over the family business, a small clinic that everyone trusted when they aren't feeling well.

"Mimi!" A soothing woman's voice called for me; my ears perked as I was sunbathing, and I soon ran through my small door and towards the kitchen.

Standing there was the beautiful wife, Emi, her brown soft eyes looking at me with such gentleness that I knew I was the luckiest dog in the world. I barked obediently as I sat down, my tail wagging back and forth. I've been taught many things as I grew up, and that is to obediently sit and wait for my food like a good boy.

"Time for dinner; here you go, little one." She bent down and lay a glass white bowl in front of me, to the side spelled my name, Mimi, or that's what my family said when they bought it for me when I first entered this house a month ago.

I barked my thanks and began to dig in, making sure I didn't make too much of a mess.

"Ah~" A tired voice came from the entrance as Emi gave a knowing chuckle.

"Welcome home, honey," Emi called as she earned a grunt from her tried husband. "Dinner will be ready in a moment."

Once I had finished my bowl and licked it clean, I strolled through the halls and entered the dining room, where the husband sat looking through papers. I sat looking at him, my golden eyes staring as my tail wagged happily. He sighed as he turned my way and patted my head; I barked in joy as I lay next to him, making sure I felt his leg as I closed my eyes.

The door opened again as I stood up, barking, maybe it's an intruder! I need to protect my family, I growled as I ran towards the door, but stopped my barking when I saw two small girls enter with sparkles in their eyes as they saw me.

"Mi-chan!" The two squealed in joy as I, too, barked in happiness and pounced at them, kissing their faces as they squealed in happiness.

"Such a good boy, yes you are!" The other girl said, scratching the back of my head.

"I still don't understand why you were named Mimi when you're clearly a boy." A male voice spoke from behind the two.

My heart rang fast as I switched my eyes towards my true master; I was given him as a present. I ran to him as I sat obediently to have my master pat my head. He did so with a small smile, making me happier than I could ever feel; his smiles are beautiful, he was known not to smile all the time, and it was always directed towards me when he did. I couldn't help but think that I'm the only one ever to make Master smile so lovely.

"Shouldn't we be saying that to you?" The two girls shot back.

"Big brother was the one to choose the name." The other glared at her big brother.

"Yes, well, who were the ones that said he was a girl?" The brother rolled his eyes as the two sisters weren't able to defend themselves.

My master is amazing; he takes me out for walks every day and takes me to watch him learn how to fight in many types of styles, he's a master at such a young age, and everyone was jealous. Yes, be jealous at master! He is better than any of you other disgusting humans like yourselves, grovel at his feet! I am sure that I have memorized every single move master Ichigo has learned, and not only is he strong, but he's also smart. His many battles at chess and Chinese chess are mind-blowing; he wouldn't even let his opponent attack back and completely wipe out the board from any enemies. At one point, he had found me looking at the chessboard in his room and even moved one with my snout. He had laughed for the first time and had taught me, unsure of himself that he was actually teaching me.

My life with master Ichigo is beautiful; I sleep at the end of the bed, falling into a slumber to his soft heartbeat. Everything was perfect, but then everything changed when(a/n: the fire nation attacked) someone made a single phone call to the husband.

Their clinic had been involved in illegal drug selling, with that the many businesses that helped flourish the clinic pulled from investments and soon the clinic went bankrupt, their money gone as the husband was taken away and thrown to jail for his crimes. The happy family was now filled with nothing but anger and scorn. They took their anger out on me, beat me for doing absolutely nothing. I thought that my master would protect me since he would say only I brought him joy, yet he too would kick me when the headmaster rejected a college scholarship.

But I didn't care, I love to master, and I know deep down master loves me.

But I was wrong.

Very wrong.

My very own master killed me; he had one night come home drunk and stabbed me when I had accidentally passed his way, filling his anger more than it had already been.

And now I float here in an endless abyss, unable to move any of my paws.

I don't know how long I had been here, but soon enough, my surrounding began to brighten, and I felt myself falling slowly; many bright colors surrounded me as I was now falling faster, the bright crystal-like colors zoomed past me as I turned my golden gaze and fell even faster before I could even scream I was engulfed in darkness yet again. But this time, I opened my eyes.

I saw a bright glowing blue orb in front of me.