* Tom Riddle's Only Love

Obviously, a lot of people love reading and writing about villains in a different light. And what better way to write villains as such than writing them in a love story? Tom Riddle's love stories are piling up to about 5.7 K (again much less than I had expected).

There are a few cliches in these stories as well which we will be discussing in this chapter.

First and foremost, let's clear one point: Tom Marvolo Riddle is incapable of love. Since he was conceived due to a love potion, it is impossible for him to understand love let alone experience it. And this is one of the main concepts of Harry Potter series, Voldemort's greatest weakness is his failure to understand love while Harry Potter's greatest power over the Dark Lord is love itself.

If you mess that concept up, the whole of Harry Potter series would be destroyed. 

But of course, people like to write love stories and especially when a person is described to be incredibly good looking like Tom in his early years, then chances of love stories written about him are quite likely

Fanfiction cliches in this chapter include Tomione as well as the plots where OC goes back into time to change Tom Riddle. There are a few differences in both plots but effects on characters are nearly the same.

Tomione Plot Facts:

1. Stories involving Tomione as the main concept start from the end of The Battle Of Hogwarts. Both Harry and Ron are dead, Voldemort has won and those who stood by the Order and the good side are devastated.

2. Out of her friends, only Hermione survives and obviously she is as heart broken and depressed as possible.

3. But then either Dumbledore comes to her in a dream, or McGonagall tells her to use the time turner or she herself decides it and then she takes out her time turner and goes back into the past to set everything right.

4. She turns up in the 1940s, somewhere in Tom Riddle's fifth or sixth year.

5. Either she goes to Dumbledore who is the Transfiguration teacher to explain what has happened and ask for help or she just goes to the Headmaster Mr Dippet to tell him that she is a transfer student from Beauxbatons.