REVIEW NO 32

The book we are going to review today is Epiphany by Concealyourfeelings

Now first these are the basics.

Book Name: Epiphany

Author's account name: Concealyourfeelings

Main Characters: Isabelle Demont, Rose Weasley, Albus Potter, Scorpius Malfoy, Cassidy Miles and a few others.

Description:

~Epiphany; a moment of sudden and great revelation or realisation.

"Until you cross the bridge of your insecurities, you can't begin to explore your possibilities."

Having grown up in a household with loving parents and a good fortune, one would think that someone would be able to have anything they wanted. However, that's not always the case.

Isabelle Demont has everything one would ever wish for except from that one thing everyone has for a given: a whole leg.

She makes sure that no one knows, but after seven years of hiding the truth from her classmates in Hogwarts, she is unable to protect herself any longer.

Her secret is out and Isabelle can do nothing but wait for her demise.

It becomes evident that everybody has something to hide and money, the one thing everybody is searching for, cannot offer what is truly essential.

Chapter Count: 66 and Completed.

***

Now let's get on with the review!

***

1. The Title:

Since the story focuses on life altering revelations, the title is perfect.

2. The Cover:

The cover is simple and I really like it. However, the text is a bit too small which makes it difficult to read. It would be better if it stood out with an increase in size.

3. Concept:

The story is based on Isabelle Demont, a Hufflepuff student who studies in the same year as Albus Potter and Scorpius Malfoy. It is a next generation fanfic.

4. Review (includes Summary too):

Th story starts with a prologue that shows Isabelle and her parents on the day she is supposed to go to Hogwarts for the first time. Isabelle uses a prosthetic to help her walk but she has kept it a secret from all her friends. She feels that if people came to know of her disability, they would mock her. Furthermore, she doesn't want pity from her friends instead she wants to be treated as an equal, that's why she refuses to tell anyone about her condition. However, one day Scorpius Malfoy accidentally finds out and Isabelle fears that it would end their friendship and expose her secret to the whole school, rendering all seven years of her attempts to hide it in vain.

What I think:

We don't have many NextGen fanfics as most writers prefer writing in the Golden Trio's era or the Maruders era, so I was really glad to find this one. The writing style hooks the reader immediately so that I read thirty three chapters without even realizing that I had been up till 3 am. One thing which I really found refreshing was that there was no mention of Cursed Child whatsoever, since the story is mostly based in their seventh year. And contrary to the other NextGen fanfics I've read, Rose Weasley isn't portrayed as a clone of Hermione. The author has given her traits that remind us of Ron as well. And Albus Potter's portrayal is just so adorable and sweet that it made me forget about Cursed Child entirely, I'm extremely grateful to the author for that. All in all, this is a very good fanfic and you should totally check it out.

***

If you are looking for a story that features a cute romance, awesome friendship and a great portrayal of NextGen characters then this is the fanfic for you.

***

Concealyourfeelings I really love your fanfic. Isabelle is such a sweet and wonderful character and her friendship with Scorpius is absolute goals. I also love the way you have taken everything slowly, establishing the characters first in your reader's perspective. Cassidy is my favorite character so far, I just love everything about her personality as well as her attitude. But seriously all your characters are so lovable especially Bernard, Effie and Niha. 

Your story kept me hooked so much that I read most of it offline and then voted later on. I can't wait to see what happens next. Best of luck! 

 Best of luck!