If I Could Turn Back Time...

Reading the title of this chapter, some  of you are thinking about what event of their life they would like to reverse while some are thinking this is going to be a rant about what event I wish to erase or change from my life.

Well, surprise, it's neither.

Though we are going to talk about time turners. Or rather, the most underrated devices in the Potterverse.

Having a universe in which time turners exist yet no chaos ensue (let's just forget the Cursed Child for a sec though I might have to bring it up later on) is a little bit unsettling. Like there is this opportunity of going back in time and fixing up (or in some cases, messing up) things that take place in the past yet no one makes use of these time turners at all.

If you're saying Hermione was given a time turner just so she could attend all her classes and she never used it for any other purpose... (Apart from Sirius's escapade at the end). Then my apologies, I'm not going to believe that.

How can someone have such a big opportunity on a chain round their neck and just not use it?

Apart from the fanfic world, I haven't really seen people using time turners in canon (other than Hermione).

But when it comes to fanfics... Almost every Tom Riddle fanfic starts with a time turner. Time turners are essential in fanfics because without using them our lovely OC can't go back in time to make Riddle fall in love with her and become a good person.

[I'm honestly sick of this fanfic logic: its not that easy for people to switch from evil to good, folks! Even if you add the secret ingredient of love, it's quite time consuming. Keep in mind that you're a writer not a fairy godmother. And even fairy godma's spell wears off after midnight...]

And now coming to the main point for which I've ranted for so long: why has no one tried going back in time and killing Riddle once and for all?

Okay, now all you Tom Riddle fan club, chill please, I don't personally have anything against Riddle (no, I'm not ignoring all the people who died because of him either), it's just that I'm curious why the OC decides to choose the harder way instead of just saving the world with a simple curse.

To kill him all you have to say is Avada Kedavra, while making him fall in love would require such a lot of time and effort. In the first option, you only have to utter two words and the task is done. In the other option, there are pages long love confessions, a bunch of over the top dates, a lot of drama from his ex girlfriend and still the list goes on.

So why bother?

I mean, girl, I understand if you chose the harder option because you didn't want to become a murderer. But still how can you be so sure that you're the one who can make a person like Riddle fall in love with you? In my opinion it's either you're very confident in yourself if you think that's possible, or you're very ignorant.

Here goes another hour of me rambling... I'm so sorry guys, I just get carried away.

Anyhow I found this pic on Pinterest and it gave me yet another plot idea which will be set in the dynamic timeline:

So what if a person went back in time and killed Riddle but it started a Paradox so it seems as if her life is stuck in a loop? Every day she wakes up she has to go through the same routine which is slightly altered if she does something different...

So what if a person went back in time and killed Riddle but it started a Paradox so it seems as if her life is stuck in a loop? Every day she wakes up she has to go through the same routine which is slightly altered if she does something different but the end product is always the same. So she keeps struggling to break the loop by trying and trying again.

If anyone of you has watched Happy Deathday then you know what I'm talking about.

So for this girl, every day is the same yet still a lot different. It's like a new chance and yet another disappointment. This may be difficult to write but it will turn out a lot different from majority of Tom Riddle fanfics we have here. 

And since my mind can not shut up once it gets an idea, of course I had churned out a description for the fanfic. It is titled Paradox and here goes the description:

I've created a paradox.

Each day I wake up, a new reality unfolds in front of me. Each day is very different from the previous one and it seems as if it's a string of nightmares which never ends but only takes a different spin each time I open my eyes.

I don't know if I'm even awake or if I've just been put to a thousand years sleep. Like Sleeping Beauty.

But unlike Sleeping Beauty, there's no prince that would come to wake me up from my painful slumber.

Because I killed that prince the day I spun my time turner for the last time.

***

I reconsidered this decision and am now writing the fanfic. It is available on my other account ZeninaD.

Writing it has been difficult though because as always, my teachers make sure that I don't even get enough time to sleep even. Just yesterday, I gave my second Architectural design jury and it seems as if there are still so many projects to do even though a great burden has been lifted off me after that jury was done.

[Note to those of you who are considering to study architecture; if you value your sleeping hours and peace of mind, then please don't consider studying it. However, if you're a nutcase like me who would rather sacrifice everything just because of a childhood ambition... Then of course, you are welcome to try it. Don't blame me for not warning you beforehand though.]

Anyways, have a good day and I love you all.