REVIEW NO 20

The book we are going to review today is Blight by echques

Now first these are the basics.

Book Name: Blight

Author's account name: echques

Main Characters: Abigail Hayes, Jade Thomas, Rose Kelley, Regulus Black, Cassandra Blight, the Marauders and a few others.

Description:

At the age of eleven, Abigail Hayes learnt that a person was unable to gain cold, they would only have the absence of heat.

At the age of seventeen, Abigail Hayes took that knowledge and came to the conclusion that a person was unable to gain hate, they would only have the absence of love.

Chapter Count: 18 and Ongoing.

***

Now let's get on with the review!

***

1. The Title:

Blight means a thing that spoils or damages something. As the story focuses on Regulus Black and his demise to the Dark side, I think the title is most appropriate.

2. The Cover:

The cover is simple but gives a nice and light feel to the book which matches the main character's personality.

3. Concept:

The story is based on Abigail Hayes and her friends and follows them through their days at Hogwarts.

4. Review (includes Summary too):

The story starts on the day Abigail first finds out about Hogwarts and magic. Abigail has a rebellious nature so she was being sent to military school but the Hogwarts letter arrived just in time to save her from going there.

She is a Muggleborn and is taken to Diagon Alley by Dumbledore. From then on the story skips six years later and focuses on Hogwarts days.

What I think:

The writing style is good and simple. But I would recommend the author to pay a little attention to time intervals. Skipping parts from stories at times seem inconvenient and hard for readers to understand. The characters are all well thought out and Abigail has been assigned a distinct and entertaining personality.

***

If you are looking for a fanfic on a positive light in Regulus Black's life and also want to read about the fun moments of the Marauders Era froma different perspective, then this is the book for you.

***

echques I enjoyed reading Blight and your effort shows through your writing. Abigail is a lovely character and you have given her a whole personality which I appreciate. There's a little explaining to do in the second chapter because at times it doesn't quite click what's happening in there. Other than that the fanfic is great and I look forward to read more of your works.

Also I love the way you have portrayed Regulus, it's refreshing to find him being portrayed as a normal teenager instead of a one dimensional depressed kid or an evil mastermind.