REVIEW NO 27

The book we are going to review today is Tales From Durmstrang: Poisoned Bloodlines by BirgerSchmittiz

Now first these are the basics.

Book Name: Tales From Durmstrang: Poisoned Bloodlines

Author's account name: BirgerSchmittiz

Main Characters: Elias Jaakkonen, Mikael Eriksson, Silas Lange and a few others.

Description:

"In the modern-day wizarding world, two half-blood wizards attended Durmstrang with hopes of bringing change and justice to all students regardless of blood status. They seemed inseparable until tragedy struck, leading to them departing ways. While one withdrew to the shadows, the other boy continued the rebellion against the pure-blood hierarchy with hopes of killing it once and for all."

Chapter Count: 19 and Ongoing.

***

Now let's get on with the review!

***

1. The Title:

The title gives an impression that this is a collection of different stories of students from Durmstrang and even though that was what I initially thought as well, when I read further I realized that it was one main plot with different sub plots tied within.

2. The Cover:

The cover can be improved by changing the font style, size as well as color. I would recommend experimenting with other pictures that relate to the theme of the book instead of just using a landscape picture.

3. Concept:

The story is based on two students who studied in Durmstrang and formed a group of outcasts (fellow students that weren't purebloods) labelled as the Poisoned Bloodlines. The group intends to bring a revolution against pureblood supremacy ideas from which they had suffered a lot in their school.

4. Review (includes Summary too):

The story starts from a classroom scene which gives some insight into the character of the soon to be Headmaster of Durmstrang, Silas Lange, who Karkaroff had put in charge of the school before leaving for Hogwarts in order to join the Triwizard Tournament.

After Karkaroff's escapade from Hogwarts at the end of the Triwizard Tournament, Lange became the Headmaster for Durmstrang. Later on we are introduced to the two main characters, Elias and Mikael. Both of them are halfbloods and have suffered discrimination at the hands of the pureblood majority that goes to Durmstrang. The two halfbloods come together and form a group, the Poisoned Bloodlines, in which they are later joined by many other students like themselves.

The main aim of this group was to bring equality among wizardkind and abolishing the pureblood supremacy ideas that were possessed by many people who attended Durmstrang as well as held authority over it (teachers and school governors etc). 

What I think:

The concept of this story is very unique and the author has crafted each character lovingly, making sure to enhance the plot with the characters. Since not much is known about Durmstrang through canon, the author has provided sufficient details giving insight into the several traditions of the school. Durmstrang is portrayed as a school that accepts students from a great variety of countries including Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Bulgaria and many other states. There is a mix of various languages in this story as well and cultural aspects have also been highlighted well. Though I haven't read it all as of now, but it has become one of my favorites at Wattpad due to the uniqueness of the plot and character diversity.

***

If you are looking for a fanfic that uses Durmstrang Institute as the main setting and explores life of wizards who studied there, then this is the best option for you. In my opinion, this story is definitely worthy of your time.

***

BirgerSchmittiz, I truly enjoyed reading your story. You have done extensive research which shows through your writing as each aspect of Durmstrang Institute is clearly portrayed in your story. However, the title of this book might be a bit confusing to some since it initially gives the impression that this story is a collection of several short tales (the first two chapters also give that impression), so I would suggest you either remove the Tales From Durmstrang part from it or think up a new title altogether. Other than that, the story is amazing and deserves to be read and appreciated by many others as well. Keep writing in this unique way of your and I'm sure you'll someday become a recognized and brilliant writer. Best of luck!

 Best of luck!