The Good, The Bad And The News

So there's both good news and bad news. But me being an overly dramatic person, I'm definitely going to share the bad news first.

Yesterday was my first Mathematics exam and I was really glad that it went much better than I had expected. However when I got home, I was struck by this bad news.

The provincial government where I live decided that they need another holiday even though 1st May is right on the corner. Our Physics exam which had to be held on 2nd May had been unfortunately postponed and would be taken on 17th May.

Even though if such a circumstance had occurred when I was in school, I would have been delighted to have another holiday but as of now, I'm absolutely pissed off. Because of these reasons:

1. Our exams will end later than I initially thought.

2. Physics exam falls on 1st Ramadan (the fasting month) according to the modified time table and that means I'll be fasting too so I won't be allowed to eat or drink during the exam. And God knows the Physics question paper is so horrifying that I need at least two glasses of water before the exam and two afterwards to calm myself down.

No water means double stress.

3. And the most horrible thing of all. I can't update on 14th May 😑

You all will have to wait till 17th now because Sindh government has decided to go absolutely bonkers for one additional holiday.

I mean how many holidays do you need in a week, people? There's Sunday and then there's first May but they also want to give an off on second May because apparently all the labourers will be really exhausted after celebrating and partying hard on their international holiday.

Also, couldn't the educational board just consult both standard and Islamic calendars and also those brains which have an ounce of common sense before designing our exam time tables?

If they needed a holiday so bad they should not have kept an exam on the second.

😒

Well, well... You are probably thinking I don't have any good news. But really there is. The long wait has finally ended.

I NOTICED THAT WE HAVE STRUCK 50K ON THIS BOOK!

I AM SO SO SO GLAD I CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN IT. [THAT'S WHY THIS TEXT IS IN ALL CAPS].

Thank you to all of you amazing people who have read, voted, commented and been part of this book. Every single feedback of yours means a lot to me and I love you all from the depths of my heart.

Thank you.

And thanks for reading the awful bad news rant as well. One more thanks for putting up with the wait.

Love you all,
Imaan.