Idea For A Fantasy Novel

I was digging through my old journals to collect the material for the first fanfic I wrote and among the piles of unused ideas, I found this idea for a fantasy novel tucked away in my sixth grade register.

There was a time when the hype of creating a new magical world had taken over me and I wished to create something as phenomenal as the Harry Potter World. And in that old register I found my initial notes.

A regular reader of this book and a good friend of mine got an idea for a fanfic by reading about enchantresses and their elemental magic as stated in The First Fanfic I Ever Wrote chapter, so I thought hey why not include the whole of my idea here. It's not like I am going to write about it myself so why not give it to someone who can make good use of it? 

Therefore bluebellSlytherin25 you are free to take anything that inspires you from this chapter and include it in your fanfic.

***

I had thought of creating a magical world where people can perform elemental magic. So this world would be named Patricia or The Magical World of Patricia. It is a whole kingdom hidden from sight of normal people and only its inhabitants can access it as there is a special password for them to use before the gates of the kingdom show up.

The Monte Rosa (a mountain located in the eastern part of the Pennine Alps between Switzerland and Italy) will be the entrance to Patricia. Whoever wishes to go the kingdom has to first cross the Po river by boats and when they reach the Alps they are led to the mountain peak by carriages of Pegasus or any flying mythological creature you prefer and then they have to say an incantation for the gates to open for them.

And obviously this world also has a school where they teach elemental magic and that school is named Valera High School. The school has four houses namely Aqua (water element), Agnes (fire element), Aeris (air element) and Terra (earth element).

The students of this school are usually children of normal people who exhibited some special behavior in their early years. So usually a messenger from the school is sent to fetch them at the appropriate age required to attend the school that is 13.

The students are sorted into their houses through a very elaborate process that took me days to think about. So there's a magical fountain in the middle of the school's assembly hall and that fountain represents the four elements united into one.

For instance the water in the fountain symbolizes house Aqua, the flowers wound around at the base symbolize house Terra, the fresh breeze surrounding the fountain symbolizes house Aeris and the small bursts of fire from around the base of the fountain symbolizes house Agnes.

For sorting, each new student has to walk up to the fountain and put his/her hand inside the water. After it has been analyzed in which house he/she would fit best, the fountain's water turns into the representative color of the respective house. Red/Orange for Agnes, Blue for Aqua, Green/Brown for Terra and Yellow/White for Aeris.

I had also thought a lot about the uniform they would have. 

For girls, there's a long black coat, coffee colored shirt, dark brown/black pants and thigh length leather boots. They also have a necklace which represents their house color and also a cloak for outer use which is of their respective house shade.

For boys, the black coat and coffee shirt is the same just with added collars and cuffs etc, brown/black pants, leather boots, ties representing house colors and cloaks for outer use that represent house colors.

The course they would study there is as follows:

1. A Guide to Astronomy

2. Advanced Cartography

3. Spontaneous Magic for Beginners

4. The Art of Defense

5. A Guide to the Supernatural World

6. The History of Patricia

And yes the students shop for their school things either in Genova or in Milan. Also they don't use parchment and quills, they have a good balance of technology at their world too.

***

After this long introduction I may as well tell you that I had thought a few characters as well. The whole Valera High School series were going to be based on the adventures of students Anthea, Firenze, Vivian, Lawrence and Eleonora.

Anthea Collins was to be the main character of he story and the whole books were to be from her perspective despite it being written in third person narrative. Anthea lived in Ireland with her parents before being introduced to the kingdom of Patricia. I had thought a lot more but the other notepad in which I had written three to four chapters got lost.

Let me know what you think about it.

I hope it is of some help to you bluebellSlytherin25.