REVIEW NO 11

The book we are going to review today is Belladonna by SLoraineP

Now first these are the basics. 

Book Name: Belladonna

Author's account name: SLoraineP

Main Characters: Belladonna Evans, Fred and George Weasley, Draco Malfoy, Severus Snape, Flora and Hestia Carrow and a few others.

Description:

Belladonna. In Italian it means "beautiful lady." It is also known to many as deadly nightshade, a beautiful flower with toxic side effects known to cause psychosis and even death. For Ana, it's the name she must live by, though she doesn't yet know what that means.

Right now, all Ana wants to do is prove she's the best. The best Potions Master. The best at Quidditch. But silly Gryffindors and that Harry Potter, keep getting in her way. Later, Ana discovers that not everything is as simple as black or white, good or bad, pretty or deadly. It's a balancing act everyone must achieve...or attempt to at least.

Even in a world of magic, Ana must fight to balance the ups and downs of being a teenager. From making friends, to keeping friends, to finding a love worth dying for, and everything in between.

Chapter Count: 10 and ongoing.

***

Now let's get on with the review!

***

1. The Title:

Since the story is based on the character named Belladonna, choosing the name of the character as a title is convenient but a bit too simple, in my opinion.

2. The Cover:

The cover is very simple and I would suggest the author to make some improvements.

3. Concept:

The story is based on Belladonna Evans, the origin of whom is kept unknown as far as I have read, and focuses on her days at Hogwarts.

4. Review (includes Summary too):

The story starts in Diagon Alley where Belladonna is shopping for her school supplies and meets Draco. Draco and Belladonna are friends because they took classes (Maths, languages and etiquette lessons) together at the manor.

All we are told of Belladonna's family is that her parents are both dead and Severus Snape is her guardian. She meets the Weasleys and a lot other characters at Hogwarts. The ost notable are her banters with Fred Weasley.

What I think:

Belladonna's character is intriguing and her conversations with other characters render a light and humorous touch to the story. I also like the fact that the author has not made Snape undergo a 180 degree change instead has kept him in his distinct personality along with minor and acceptable changes.

I have not read much as of now because I couldn't find any time with all the hustle for Eid shopping but I'm sure the story will turn out as promising as I have judged from the starting chapters. I also enjoy all the time Belladonna and Fred get in the book due to their witty banters, her conflicted ideas and Fred's good natured humor.

***

If you are looking for a story that shows the good side of Snape and has hilarious dialogue exchange between characters then this is the book for you.

***

SLoraineP Your story is good especially the dialogues. The way you have written conversations show your skill as a writer. Pay attention to the grammar at a few places, reread to eliminate any typos and you're all set.

Wish you best of luck and keep writing.