REVIEW NO 12

The book we are going to review today is The Lost, Found and Abandoned by city_of_fae

Now first these are the basics.

Book Name: The Lost, Found and Abandoned

Author's account name: city_of_fae

Main Characters: The Marauders, Evangeline Nightingale, Lunette DuCiel and a few others.

Description:

They were lost before they found each other.

But is it they who will abandon each other, or is it time who abandons them?

Chapter Count: 41 and ongoing.

***

Now let's get on with the review!

***

1. The Title:

The title matches the theme and is appropriate.

2. The Cover:

The cover is simple but elegant and gives a good feel to the book.

3. Concept:

The story is based on Evangeline Nightingale, a strongly opinionated Slytherin who would stand courageously for what she thinks is right, and focuses on her days at Hogwarts.

4. Review (includes Summary too):

The story starts from a scene in which Professor McGonagall give Evangeline a detention for punching a Ravenclaw in the face for justified reasons. It then proceeds on to the detention Evie has to attend where she meets the infamously notorious Sirius Black.

She often gets in trouble at class because she doesn't hesitate voicing out what she believes is just even if the audience is wholly against that. I really liked the stubborn aspect of her personality and the way she was determined to set all people who dared make fun of others or treat others unjustly right in their tracks. She is against discrimination of any kind and I found that aspect included here to be very refreshing.

What I think:

The writing style throughout the fanfic is eloquent and captivating. Every dialogue and ever interaction is written with explicit detail. Evangeline's character, from the personality to opinions, is extremely lovable and well thought out.

It is one of those rare fanfics which makes me want to ship the main characters so bad that I can't help it. And trust me that does not happen often.

Unlike other fanfics I have read mostly on WP, Eve's backstory is paid clear attention to and the way she is comes out as a reflection of what she has been through.

***

If you are looking for a story that is entertaining to the max but also breaks your heart eventually then this is the book for you.

***

city_of_fae I had a great time reading your fanfic. Also, I was relieved that there were absolutely no errors, neither grammatical nor technical and the fanfic overall was quite entertaining. I love Eve's character and also the way Sirius acts around her is too sweet. And I must say you have a knack of writing the perfect dialogues.

Keep writing in your eloquent writing style and I wish you lots of luck and success to come in the near future.