Chapter Nine

The water against my skin felt amazing.

I sighed quietly, closing my eyes as I tilt my head back, letting the water run down my front and wet my hair.

After a few minutes of soaking up, I peeked my eyes open to look for the shampoo on the shelf.

I reached out and picked up a blue bottle of some French shampoo and squeeze some in the palm of my hand before massaging it into my scalp, moaning softly at the strong, yummy smell.

As I'm rinsing my hair out, I remember the feel of Josh's hands on my body as he swayed me to dance on the stage, my cheeks going flush, then I remember about what he did in his office and my eyes snap open.

Groaning, I quickly turn off the shower and ring my hair out before grabbing the towel and stepping out.

I look at myself in the mirror, looking at the curve of my hips and the way my hair tickles my middle back, brushing against the wound that Josh's desk gave me.

I brush my fingers against it gently and look at it through the mirror, seeing a bruise already forming around the spot.

Sighing, I hum quietly to the song Crazy In Love, by Beyoncé as I dry off and I wrap the fluffy towel around my body, grabbing another small one to dry my hair.

As I walk out of my room, I give a slight scream as I see Josh sitting on my bed, one of my books in his hands.

"Oh," he says, looking up at me. "You're out. Good."

I swallow hard, clutching to my towel. "What are you doing in here?" I demand. "Have you been in here the whole time?"

Josh scoffs, tossing the book onto the bed as he stands up. "No. I'm not an animal."

I scoff at that, then walk to the dresser and look in the top drawer, seeing my panties, bras, and socks piled neatly.

Pulling out a pair of black panties, I quickly hide them in my hand before I dig around for a pair of wind shorts and going to my new closet for a night shirt.

"You still haven't answered my question. Why are you in here?" I ask.

Josh shrugs, looking away from me.

"Turn around." I tell him.

Josh rolls his eyes and turns around, facing my bedroom door.  Just to be safe, I make my way back in the bathroom, leaving the door open to hear him if he speaks as I slip on my panties and shirt.

"Well..I came to tell you that dinner was ready and that.." he pauses.

I frown, slipping on my shorts as I walk out and look at him.

"And what?" I ask, tossing the towel in the hamper in the corner.

Josh sighs, running a hand through his hair. "This is hard for me, Cola. I never really do this." he says.

"Do what?" I ask, taking a small step closer.

Josh looks at me, his sharp eyes meeting mine. "I just wanted to apologize. For my behavior earlier and that I hurt you." he admits.

I cross my arms over my chest, looking away from him. "I'm not usually like this either...I'm usually more bold and confident in myself but then when you came into The Bar and when Summer told me all of this shit, I reserved myself and went all shy. I know what my sister did, and I'll try my best to do what you want and stuff, but if you ever, ever  , touch me like that again, I'll beat your ass. And I'll go straight to the police afterwards, understand?" I demand, facing him once more.

Josh smirks, nodding his head. "Yes ma'am."

I sigh, sitting on the edge of the bed. "And just...you have to give me a little slack. I know this is how you run things, but I'm new and I've never done this before. And you need to make up your mind on if you want me to dance of be a medic because I refuse to do both."

Josh nods, his eyes never leaving mine. "Understood."

I nod, smiling some. I move around a bit, flinching as I stretch my back too far.

"Can I see it?" Harry asks.

I hesitate, looking at him. "Uhm, sure. I guess."

Josh sits beside me on the bed and I turn my back to him.

I feel his leg against mine as he moves closer and hold my breath as he slowly lifts the back of my shirt up to my shoulders.

I fist my hands against the material at the front so it doesn't expose my nudies to him.

Josh lifts his hand and brushes his fingers along my spine until he reaches the tenderness of the wound on my mid back and I flinch, closing my eyes.

"I'm sorry." he whispers.

My breath hitches in my throat as I feel his lips touch the wound and then he's gone, off the bed and out the door.

I turn around, fixing my shirt and then standing up.

I look at myself in the vanity against the farthest wall from my bed and run my hand through my hair before I turn and walk out of my room, heading down the stairs.

"Josh, what are you gonna do with her?" I hear Louis ask.

I pause on the stairs, listening.

"It's her choice. But she's going to dance tomorrow and go on as planed until Sunday when we meet some new buyers." Josh says.

I hear somebody shift and a heavy sigh, then Louis begin to speak.

"So...you're just gonna drag her along to whatever you do? What if she gets hurt?" Louis asks.

"Well, then that bloody sucks. She'll do what I say and I won't need her help. I don't trust her. I want to keep an eye on her. Her father was a cop..the same cop that almost threw Bryan and I in prison a few years ago." Josh says.

My heart stops. Tears well in my eyes and I have to cover my mouth to hold the cry that started to climb out of my throat.

"Well, shit. I just hope that she doesn't find out about this, Josh. She seems like a nice girl. Trustworthy. Hell, she put herself in her sister's place to save her. Granted, it's not exactly what Summer had to do, but it's still dangerous. I doubt she'll go to the police." Louis says.

I swallowed hard, wiping my eyes quickly before quietly going up the stairs, careful not to make a sound and then heading back down so they'd think I was just now coming.

When I emerge from the stairs, Josh's eyes snap to me and I avoid his stare, instead looking to Louis and the many take-out boxes on the island in the kitchen.

"So..." I mutter. "What's for dinner?"