Chapter Thirteen

Josh seemed really tense the entire ride to the deal.

I say next to him in the SUV, watching as he bounced his leg and bit his lip nervously.

I reached out, touching his knee and he flinches, glancing at me.

"Stop it. You're making me nervous." I tell him, smiling some.

Josh stops bouncing his leg as soon as I touch him and turns to face me.

"I'm sorry. I'm just buy ansy. Not about you or anything but this is a new buyer and he's kind of a big deal. I just hope I don't have to kill him." He mutters.

My bones freeze up at that and I look at him, frowning.

"Are you serious?" I ask, scooting away from him a bit.

Josh's eyes darken and he grabs my arm, pulling me up to him so our noses almost touch.

"This is a dangerous world, Cola. I have to do what I need to do in order to survive and keep this business strong. You'd do best to remember that." He snaps.

I hold my breath as he meets my eyes, my breathing a bit heavy.

Josh swallows and licks his lips, leaning forward until the SUB stops and Sausage Link opens the door.

Josh moves away and quickly gets out of the car, adjusting his dress shirt and pants.

I swallow hard, looking down at my hands that are visibly shaking before I get out, following Josh into an Italian restaurant that was quite crowded.

Once at the door, a young girl about my age looks at Josh and her eyes go wide.

"Mr. Aaron. Please, come this way." she says, gesturing for us to follow her.

I look up at Josh and he just grabs my arm, pulling me along with him as we follow the young girl into the back of the restaurant and into a large room.

My eyes widen as I look around the room.

Guns were sitting out everywhere, large bags of drugs that you would see in the movies were set on a large coffee table in the center of the room. There were women walking around in lingerie or just naked and a few men stood by the doors.

The girl led us in further and gestured for us to sit on the leather couch in front of us.

Josh sits down first and then pulls me down next to him so our legs are touching. Bruce politely declines sitting and stays standing behind Josh and I.

I look up at Josh, taking in his clenched jaw and bite my lip, looking down.

"Well, well, well." a deep voice says.

I snap my head up and swallow hard at the man coming toward us.

He was very tanned, his olive skin glowing a long with his brown eyes.  He wore a fitted suit and I could tell that under all of the fabric he was nothing but muscle.

I watched as he sat on the couch across from Josh and I and leans back, gesturing for one of the girls to come sit with him.

"Joshua Aaron. I hope that you've come to negotiate our terms on our deal." he says, his accent thick.

I look away from him and to Josh who smirks, leaning back a bit.

"Of course, Mr. Garcia. We even have our merchandise with us." Josh says.

"And who is this?" Mr. Garcia asks, eyeing me as one of his girls climb into his lap.

Josh clenches his jaw, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

I tense up, biting my lip. What the hell is he doing?

"She's with me." Josh says, pulling me against his side.

Mr. Garcia nods, chuckling as he gives the girl on his lap a slap on the ass. "Ah, so she's one of your whores? Is she any good in the sack? She's got some nice hips."

My cheeks redden and I turn my head away only for Josh to grasp my chin and turn me to face him.

He trails his thumb along my bottom lip and my breath hitches in my throat.

"She's not a whore. She's..special." he says, his eyes boring into mine before he pulls away and stands.

I blink, then stand up as well.

Josh looks at me and then at Mr. Garcia who stands up as well. When he does, the men at the door come forward and clear the room of the other women.

I look behind me to see Sausage Link still there but he has a large duffle bag in his hand.

When did he get that?

Mr. Garcia leads us to another, larger table in the corner of the room furthest away from our exit.

"So, Mr. Aaron..What's your price?" Garcia asks, leaning against the steel table.

Josh gives Sausage Link a nod and he tossed the duffle bag onto the table.

Josh unzips the bag and removes four large sealed bags of weed and another two of what can I only peg to as cocaine.

"Let's go with two million. And these will just be a small gift of my appreciation, no extra charge." Josh says, giving Garcia an all business smile.

Garcia stands there, then reaches into his suit jacket and pulls out a small Swiss army knife.

I tense up once more, keeping my eyes on the knife and I notice Sausage Link slowly reach behind him.

Garcia flips the knife open and cuts a small hole in the bag with cocaine in it. He looks at me as he dips his finger into the powder and brings it to his mouth.

I grimace and look away from him to Josh who's staring at him with a bored stare.

"I'll take it." Garcia says after a moment, his eyes never leaving me and the look he gives sends a shiver down my spine.

Josh opens his mouth to speak but Garcia holds up his knife hand, cutting him off.

"And the girl." He says.

Josh's calm expression turns into a murderous one as he flared at the man in front of us.

"She's not for sale." Josh states, his words clipped.

Mr. Garcia smirks and my blood rins cold at the sound of guns cocking.

"Oh, I think she is."