Chapter Nineteen

MoMo was huge. That's it. There's nothing else to say.

Josh made us shake hands and pushed us to our designated spots across from each other in ring.

I stretched a bit and and popped my knuckles as Josh came over to me.

"Go for her knees. She has bad knees.  And watch out for her hooks. She's ruthless." Josh whispers as he takes my hands in his, wrapping tape around my knuckles.

I raise a brow and look up at him, biting my lip.

He looks me in the eye and squeezes my hands before stepping into the middle of the ring.

"Alright! You all know the rules. Let's fight!" Josh shouts, sliding out of the ring as soon as the bell rings.

I look over at MoMo and barely dodged her fist aiming for my face.

I quickly move around her and focus, bringing my fists up to protect my face as she swings once more, hitting my arms.

"C'mon, fight back, you twig. What, daddy's girl too good for this?" She taunts, lifting her leg and kicking my stomach, knocking the air out of me.

I bat her leg down when she goes again and she takes the distraction to send a punch straight to my jaw.

I taste blood and wipe my lip, coming away with blood and grimacing.

MoMo opens her palm and I rear back as she comes forward, punching out and hitting her cheek.

She groans and shakes her head, her brown eyes hardening as she pins me against the ring's barrier and sends a load of punches into my stomach.

I grit my teeth and kick out, hitting her knee like Josh told me.

MoMo cried out and went down on one knee. I took that opportunity to swing, punching her in the nose and then grabbing onto her short hair, bringing her head forward as I slam her face into my knee.

The crowd explodes in cheer and I shake me head, pushing her back.

She falls backwards, craddling her face in her large hands. I straddle her hips and continue to hit her over and over until she finally pushes me off and kicks my legs out from under me.

I land hard and try to roll away as she kicks out but she grabs my leg, holding me as she sends kick after kick into my back and against my head.

I try and protect my head, looking out to the crowd and locking eyes with Josh, his face emotionless.

The crowd continues to cheer MoMo on and I wait until she goes to kick me again before flipping over and grabbing her foot, sending my elbow flying into her knee cap.

There's a loud pop and MoMo let's out a howl, rolling away from me.

I lay on the floor a bit longer, my muscles aching and blood coating my mouth, hands, arms and probably back.

Groaning loudly, I get up, ignoring the stares of the crowd and the crying of MoMo.

I stand over her and shake my head. "Tap out." I pant.

MoMo shakes her head, craddling her leg. "No way."

"Please don't make me do this." I beg her, my hands fisting at my sides.

MoMo glares up at me and spits, fluids and saliva sticking to my legs.

I flinch and send a quick kick to her head. She falls back, her eyes rolling back into her skull.

The bell dings and I flinch again, looking around at the crowd as they stand in silence.

Josh makes his way to the crowd and into the ring, he comes up to me, and grabs my hand, lifting it.