Chapter Twenty Two

We turn and see Louis crying out, struggling against the belts and restraints.

I rush over to his side and hold his arms down, brushing his hair back from his face. "Louis, calm down! Please. You're going to tear your stitches!" I exclaim.

"Louis, mate, calm down. You're okay. You're home now." Josh tells him, gripping his hand tightly.

Louis struggles a bit more, his eyes wide and frantic, red from the pain. The bruising and cuts looking worse than when he came in.

I move into his line of sight and smile softly at him. "Hey. It's okay. You're alright." I sooth, grabbing the towel and gently dabbing the sweat from his face.

"Frankie? What happ- how are yo-"

I shake my head and cover his lips with my finger. "Don't talk, okay? You've been through a lot. Bryan tortured you for information and I'm not sure how exactly you got here but I stitched you up and now Josh is going to give you some medicine to help you sleep and for the pain, okay?"

Louis looks hesitant and his breathing picks up. I gently stroke his cheek, smiling at him. "It'll help you, Louis."

After a few seconds, Louis nods and leans into my hand, closing his eyes.

I look up at Josh and find his eyes staring hard at my hand on Louis.  I move my hand and drop my gaze to the floor.

Josh says something to Chase and Chase quickly hands him a shot which Josh pushes into Louis shoulder.

Louis pants begin to slow and he looks up at Josh, grabbing his hand again.

"He knows. Everything." He mutters, and then he drops his hand back to the table, his eyes closed.

I check his pulse and look up at Josh. "I think he's going to be okay. If we can get him back to your place, I have my stethoscope and blood pressure cuff. I'll watch him for a bit and make sure he takes his meds and-"

"I'll get someone else to do that." He snaps.

I flinch, nodding and moving away.

"What do you think he meant by 'He knows.'?" I ask quietly, looking up at Josh.

Josh's gaze stays on Louis before he slowly turns and stares at you.

"About Summer. How she's not really dead and how you're related to her. Shit, this just made things far more difficult." He mutters, shaking his head.

Chase comes forward, typing rapidly on his phone. "I've contacted Bruce and a few of the others to go and check in on Summer. He shouldn't know where Frankie's apartment is, right?"

I shake my head, looking at him. "No, anyone that knows where I go to school would know. It's easy to hack into the schools data base and steal or snoop on the students or staff's information. My apartment is close to the campus and they have to have your address listed for mailing and citizenship purposes." I explain.

Josh pales and goes to the closet, grabbing a gun that I hadn't seen in there and handing it to Chase. "Go with Bruce and the others. Make sure to bring Summer back here. She can stay in the office for a while or with you and Jenny."

Chase nods, holstering the gun in the front of his jeans. "Understood. I'll see you in a bit."

After he speaks, he carefully tears off the straps holding Louis to the table and carries him out of the room.

Once the door clicks shut, I look down at my hands, caked with dried blood and I walk over to the bathroom, turning the water on hot and using the soap to scrub the blood clean from my body.

With every movement of my arms, I'm reminded of the torment my own body has gone through and hiss as a dull pain pulses through my side and back.

After a few minutes of scrubbing, I notice that my eyes are spilling tears as I try to pick the dried blood out from under my nails.

"Just get off! Why won't you wash away?!" I sob.

Josh comes in and looks at me, his brows furrowing in confusion. "What's wrong?" He asks.

I glance at him before shaking my head and placing my hands on the edge of the sink. "The blood. It's stuck under my nails and I can't get it out and I'm still in pain..." I close my eyes, hanging my head, a few stray pieces of my hair falling into my face.  "I just want to go home." I whisper.

Josh wraps his arms around me carefully and kisses my shoulder, looking at me through the mirror. "You're gonna be okay. I know that tonight was rough, but you'll feel better soon, okay?"

I shake my head, turning in his arms to face him. "I'm not stong, Josh. I can't do this. I'm not made for this!"

He looks at me, shaking his head. "I believe you are. You stood up for your sister, pointed a gun at me, watched me and my men kill people and only freak out for a little bit. You rushed in to save my best mate  and didn't think twice about how you were feeling."

Josh reaches up and cute my face in his hands, looking into my eyes. "You are probably the strongest person I've ever met. And that's saying something, because MoMo was undefeated before you came around." He tells me, smiling.

I let out a small laugh and look down, biting my lip. "You really think so?"

Josh lifts my chin and kisses me softly, his soft lips against mine making my knees weak.  "I know so."

I smile against his lips and wrap my arms around him, kissing him a bit deeper.

Josh groans quietly and picks me up, sitting me on the counter and spreading my legs apart so he can stand between them.

His strong fingers play on my naked thighs and his lips move across my cheek to my jaw and are now playing behind my ear and my neck.

I bite my lip and close my eyes, my fingers gently tugging at his hair.

"Keep doing that, Cola, and we won't leave the bathroom. I'll take you right here." Josh mutters, dragging his teeth along my collar bone.

I moan quietly and he presses his hips hard against mine.

"Maybe I just want you so bad." I whisper, kissing down his neck. My other hand slides down his chest until I reach the hem of his shirt.

He pulls back and looks at me, his eyes serious. "You're a virgin, Frankie..I'm not gonna take you on the bathroom counter."

My cheeks redden and I look down, embarrassed. "I-I didn-"

I'm cut off by Josh's lips and I look at him when he pulls away. "I know. I just...you deserve so much better than me and I don't want to hurt you and the timing is horrible and I-"

Now I cut him off my smashing my lips to his, kissing him with more passion and heat than ever.

"I. Want. You." I tell him between hot kisses.

Josh pauses and looks at me, biting his lip. "Then you'll get me."