"Everyone please welcome our new transfer student to the class!" The teacher says after getting everyone's attention.

I look up from my desk to check out the new student and when my eyes fall on him my jaw nearly drops.

He's gorgeous.

"Uh, hi, my name's Jeon Jungkook. Nice to meet you all." He bows politely.

"You can go find a seat wherever you like." The teacher tells him.

I tilt my head as I watch him scanning around the room for an empty seat. There are a few, but he looks nervous and unsure where to go.

"You can sit here." I gesture to the seat next to me and smile at him.

His doe eyes light up a little at the kind offer and he hurriedly shuffles over to the spot.

"My name's Jimin, nice to meet you Jungkook." I extend my hand out to him to shake.

"You too." He shakes my hand with a shy smile.

It seems like his cheeks are a bit red, perhaps from nervousness. Either way he looks so cute, I can't help feeling my heart race.

He notices me staring at him and I quickly look away awkwardly, but it's too late; he totally caught me checking him out. I hear him giggle.

What a cute little laugh. I can feel my cheeks heating up now.

"Oh hey, do you have a pen I can borrow?" He suddenly asks.

"I know I'm so unprepared on my first day of school, but I kinda slept in this morning and had to rush to school. So I forgot my stuff."

"Yeah sure." I grab a pen out from my pencilcase and hand it to him.

"Thanks." He takes the pen and his fingers lightly brush against mine, making my body tingle from the touch.

What was that? It almost felt like electricity.

He doesn't seem to react and directs his attention to the teacher, opening his book to write notes.

I try not to stare at him like an idiot and think of something to say instead. I want to talk to him so I have an excuse to look at him.

"So did you move here to Busan?" I ask him, grabbing his attention.

"Yeah, I came from Seoul." He answers with a nod.

"Oh cool, I've been there once before as a kid." I keep talking. "Why'd you move here?"

"For my dad's work. He got a good offer here, so we decided to move." He shrugs.

"I see." I bite my lip as I try to quickly think of another thing to say.

"I'm actually kinda glad we moved here to be honest." He continues.

"Really?" I smile uncontrollably, excited that he's keeping the conversation going.

"Yeah, it's a chance to have a fresh start." He says. "Things weren't so great at my last school."

"Aw no, why?" I frown.

"It turns out my friends weren't really my friends, and I had no one I could trust. Everyone hated me." He sighs.

"What?" I exclaim dramatically, "how could they hate you? You seem pretty awesome to me."

I don't mean to blurt that out but it comes out anyway, and my breath catches in my throat when I realise I actually said it out aloud.

"You've only just met me," He raises an eyebrow with a slight smirk. "How would you know?"

"I can just tell, trust me I'm a good judge of character." I try to maintain my confidence but I'm feeling a little embarrassed.

He laughs lightly and I smile shyly, avoiding his piercing gaze. My heart is pounding in my chest and I'm confused.

Already I seem to have a crush on this boy I've just met and all I really know is his name.

Jeon Jungkook.

I don't know how or why you're making me feel this way, but I want to get to know you, I want to at least be your friend.