十六

As I walk into school my eyes are searching for Jungkook. I can't see him at first, but he quickly appears behind me and attaches onto me, wrapping his arms around my chest.

I turn my head to him with a beaming smile and hold onto his arms. He kisses my cheek and they heat up instantly under his touch.

"Good morning, mochi." He grins. "Did you sleep well?"

"You gotta stop surprising me like that, you'll give me a heart attack." I sigh and let my body relax a little.

"Aw, but I love taking you from behind." He teases.

"Pft, shut up, you haven't taken shit." I scoff.

"Not yet~" he whispers close to my ear before patting my chest and breaking away to walk beside me.

Now my whole body feels hot like my cheeks and I avoid looking at him, trying to act natural as we continue on into the school.

We go separate ways to our homerooms but meet up again in first period, where we sit next to each other near the back of the classroom.

"Alright class, so today I'm going to tell you about your next assignment." The teacher begins and the whole class groans and complains.

"You'll be working in pairs to create a research poster on one of the topics we've looked at this term. There can only be three pairs on one topic, so come up to the front of the room to choose one."

Everyone suddenly stands up and makes their way to the teacher's desk to look at the topics. I exchange a glance with Jungkook and we get up to follow everyone else.

"Which topic do you wanna pick?" He asks.

"How about the fight-flight-freeze one?" I point it out on the paper, where only one other pair has signed their names.

"Sure, sounds interesting." He agrees.

He writes down our names under the heading and we go back to our seats, waiting for the rest of the students to finish. Once everyone is sitting back down, the teacher continues.

"You'll be starting on the poster today, but I'll expect you to finish it outside of classtime after today." He says.

"Do you wanna catch up on the weekend to finish it?" Jungkook leans over and asks me.

"Yeah." I nod.