When I walk into gym class I quickly notice that Jungkook is here. There are a couple of girls clearly swooning over him, twirling and flicking their hair as they smile and giggle in a high pitched tone.

He seems to be disinterested and acting nice for the sake of being polite, but I can't help feeling jealous. I want his attention.

I stand somewhere nearby and try to eavesdrop while we all wait for the teacher to arrive.

"So where did you move from?" One of the girls asks.

"Seoul." Jungkook answers simply.

"Oh, cool! My older brother lives there." She continues.

"Did you have to leave a girlfriend behind?" The other girl asks.

"I don't have a girlfriend." He says.

I roll my eyes as the girls' smiles widen and there's a glint of hope in their eyes. No, go away, he's mine.

The teacher finally comes and interrupts the painful conversation before I can get more annoyed.

"Okay, today we'll be doing some basketball practice, so get yourselves into pairs and we'll gets started." He says and everyone starts shuffling around to find their friends.

Before either of the girls can start arguing about who'll partner up with Jungkook, he walks away from them and comes over to me.

"Do you wanna be partners with me?" He asks.

"Sure," I reply with a smile, although internally I'm thinking fuck yeah.

"Alright, everyone get a basketball per pair and start warming up." The teacher calls out.

"I'll go get the ball." Jungkook says and goes over to grab one.

The teacher walks over to me and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Jimin, you don't have to participate if you don't want to. I don't want you to get yourself hurt." He advises me.

"I'm fine, I want to do it." I reply confidently.

"Okay, but just take it easy okay? There's nothing wrong with stopping if you start to feel unwell." He nods at me and leaves.

Jungkook comes back with a basketball in one hand and starts to play with it, doing little tricks.

"You're good at that." I admire him.

"I've been playing basketball since I was little." He explains.

The teacher tells everyone to practice shooting hoops and I try my best, but I don't get as many in as Jungkook or some of the fitter guys.

It's not like I'm unfit or anything, I'm just not very sporty or skilled at sports in the first place. Unlike Jungkook, but that only makes him more attractive.

So far I'm feeling fine, and then we have to do layups. I always suck at those because I'm too clumsy and tend to trip over my own feet.

I stand ahead of the basketball ring with the ball in my hands, ready to run up and shoot. Jungkook's waiting close to the ring to catch the ball after me.

I take a deep breath before starting to bounce the ball and run up to the ring. Please don't embarrass yourself in front of your crush, please. I think desperately to myself as I go to throw the ball.

I throw it up at the ring and it bounces off the backboard and into the ring successfully, but I don't get time to be proud of it because I slip and fall.

I close my eyes but to my surprise I don't hit the ground; instead I feel myself collapse against someone else who holds me up with their arms tucked under my own.

After a short moment of hesitation I slowly open my eyes again and I'm looking at Jungkook's face so incredibly close to my own.

My cheeks instantly flush a bright red and I get to my feet again. He just smiles down at me.

"Uh, I'm sorry." I mumble, avoiding his gaze.

Suddenly the world seems to slow down as I realise there's a sharp pain rising in my chest. My head feels light and I'm struggling to breathe deeply enough.

"Hey Jimin, are you okay?" Jungkook looks at me with a concerned expression but my head's spinning and my legs can't keep supporting me.

I fall onto my backside and grab at my neck, trying to reach for air. Oh god no, why did this have to happen now, in front of Jungkook of all people? I hate myself.