十三

The bell for the end of the school day goes, and Jungkook lets out a frustrated sigh.

"I wish I could be going home, but I have stupid fucking detention now..." he grumbles.

"I'll go with you." I say to comfort him.

"Huh? No, you did nothing wrong." He frowns. "You need to go home."

"You didn't do anything wrong either though," I reason, "and I don't want to be alone at home when I could be here with you. Even if it means sitting in detention."

"But-" he begins.

"I can do what I want." I pout stubbornly.

"That's not very submissive of you." He jokes.

"Well I never said you were my daddy." I scoff.

"Not yet." He whispers under his breath and I pretend I didn't hear him.

I wouldn't know how to reply to that. And again I had to try not to keep imagining the things that suddenly popped up in my head.

He climbs back down the tree and jumps from the last branch to the ground. He looks back up at me and I'm still clinging onto the tree.

"Need help getting down?" He asks and I quickly nod, making him smile.

He stands under me and holds his arms out to catch me. My heart starts racing and I carefully lower myself further down the tree until I'm close enough for him to catch me without getting us hurt.

I let myself fall and he easily catches me, his hands catching me under my arms and gently lowering me down onto my feet. I wonder how he can be so strong that he doesn't seem to use any effort at all, even with all my weight.

"Thanks." I mumble, tugging my bunched-up shirt back down and running my hand through my hair with a sigh.

"Let's go." I say, but Jungkook stops me.

"I told you, I can go by myself." He says.

"You can't seriously say you want to be alone right now can you? How boring. Besides, I don't think you even know where to go." I raise an eyebrow at him.

"I... you're right, I don't know." He sighs.

"Well I'll show you." I smirk. "And then you'll let me walk in with you."

"Fine." He raises his hands in the air as a sign of defeat.

"Heh, you can't resist me." I mock him and start walking away before he can come up with a retort.