二十三

When school finishes I want to find Jungkook. Ever since this morning he's been acting a bit distant; absorbed in his thoughts.

"Hey Yoongi, have you seen Kookie?" I ask the older boy as I bump into him in the hallway.

"Nope, sorry." He shrugs. "Is something wrong?"

"I think he might be planning to stand up to Ilsung." I say.

"Is that a bad thing?" Yoongi raises an eyebrow.

"Are you kidding? Of course it is!" I exclaim. "Ilsung will get him expelled and then he'll pick on me even more."

"What if Jungkook actually puts him in his place though?" He questions. "He looks pretty tough, maybe he could beat Ilsung in a fight."

"But I don't want a fight, I just want Kookie to leave it alone." I whine.

"Well good luck finding him, I'm going home." He pats me on the shoulder as he passes.

I sigh and droop my shoulders. What if I'm worrying about nothing? Maybe Jungkook was just having an off day, maybe he isn't going to do anything about Ilsung and I'm just an idiot.

Either way, I can't fight the feeling that something's off, and I should try to find Jungkook just in case.

So I make my way through the school, looking into classrooms as I pass them. I soon make it towards the back of the school near the football field, where the change rooms are.

I hear voices and edge closer as I try to listen carefully. I hide just behind the door to the change rooms as I listen to what's unfolding with a sinking heart.

"You must be an idiot for thinking you can come in here and take me on." Ilsung speaks. "And you're risking it for some little twink? What a waste."

"Shut your mouth before I beat the shit out of you." Jungkook growls.

"Spare me the empty threats and leave while you still can, I'll give you this one chance." Ilsung warns.

"Just shut up and fight me already." He hisses. "I'm gonna kick your ass and then you're gonna leave Jimin alone, got it?"

"You must really wanna be expelled huh?" He laughs smugly.

"Are you gonna fight me or not asshole?" Jungkook snaps.

"Okay fine, you asked for it." Ilsung sighs.

I can hear someone cracking their knuckles and it's quiet for a short moment before sounds of struggle.

I dare to peek around the door and my eyes widen as I see Ilsung stumbling forwards after Jungkook dodges his punch.

Ilsung's jaw tightens as he catches himself and straightens up again, turning to Jungkook. He walks over to him again before throwing another punch.

Ordinarily that punch would knock me the fuck out, but Jungkook simply catches the boy's fist in his hand.

He doesn't let go, using it to hold him in place as he throws his own punch right across his cheek.

The sickening sound makes me flinch and Ilsung is knocked to the ground. Jungkook doesn't wait for him to get up and grabs him with his hand wrapped around his neck.

He lifts him to his feet and drives him into the wall, making Ilsung gasp. Jungkook puts more pressure on his neck and leans in close to his ear.

"You touch a single hair on Jimin's head again and I'll fucking kill you. Are we clear?" He threatens.

Ilsung can only nod and he holds Jungkook's hand tightly, trying to rip it off his neck. He lets him go and the boy drops to the ground gasping for air.

Jungkook looks at him with zero sympathy in his eyes and it scares me; I've never seen this side of him before. My heart rate is getting too high and I have to calm down, I have to get away.

I start walking away, biting my lip as my chest feels tight. I need to get away from here right now.

I pull my phone out and dial Yoongi's number; he answers almost instantly.

"Hey, what's up?" He says.

"Where are you?" I ask quickly.

"I'm at the bus stop. Why, what's wrong?" He questions.

"Something happened, I'll tell you when I get there." I say.

"You're worrying me, but okay?" He says uncertainly.