十五

I can't seem to lose the blush in my cheeks all the way home after detention, and I feel as if nothing could wipe the wide smile off my face.

When I get home my mother's in the kitchen already cooking dinner. She hears me come in and looks up at me.

"Why'd you come home so late? Were you with Yoongi?" She asks.

"No, I was in detention." I shake my head.

"What?!" She exclaims, wide eyed. "What on earth did you do?"

"I didn't do anything," I explain, "I didn't actually get detention, Jungkook did. But it wasn't his fault so I stayed with him."

"Who's Jungkook? I don't think you've mentioned him before." She tilts her head.

"He's my friend, he just moved here not long ago so he's new to the school." I answer.

"Is he just a friend?" She raises an eyebrow at me suspiciously.

"What? Why?" I respond way too quickly to satisfy her curiosity.

"You're cheeks are looking very red right now." She points out and I blush even more.

"Aw, you have a crush on him don't you?" She coos and walks over to pinch my cheeks.

"M-maybe!" I pout and gently slap her hands away, making her laugh.

"Have you told him yet?" She asks.

"Yeah." I bite my lip and look away, my mind flashig back to our kiss.

"How did it go?" She puts a hand on my shoulder and I look back at her.

"He actually confessed first, so..." I drift off, embarrassed.

"How cute!" She grins, "your first boyfriend!"

"Mum..." I groan and she chuckles.

"Well, unless you count that boy in first grade... Hoseok wasn't it?" She thinks aloud. "That was so adorable."

"Okay, can we talk about something else now?" I sigh. This is embarrassing.

"Sure honey." She laughs and gives me one last encouraging smile before going back to cooking.

"So why was your boyfriend in detention?" She questions and I sigh but answer anyway.

"Someone tipped a drink on me and blamed Jungkook for it, and the teacher believed him." I say.

"Why did they do that? Tell me you made him pay for it." She furrows her brows.

"They were annoyed at Jungkook for something stupid. But he's got the teacher wrapped around his thumb because they're related."

"That's ridiculous. You should get revenge." Mum says.

"What? Mum no, that would make things worse." I shake my head with a sigh.

"But no one should get away with treating my precious son like that." She grumbles.

"It's not that big a deal I promise. Just some petty rivalry." I say. "Not even that, he doesn't threaten Jungkook enough to be a rival."

"Is he tough? He should totally punch that other boy around a bit, teach him a lesson." She sticks her bottom lip out.

"Well yeah, but no Mum, oh my god. It doesn't matter." I laugh. "In fact, it meant I got to spend more time with Jungkook, so it was worth it."