十一

Jungkook and I decide to sneak outside to the back of the school where we won't get caught out of class.

There's a shady tree in the far corner of the school grounds that I like to sit under on sunny days, and I lead Jungkook over to it. I sit down, leaning my back against the trunk of the tree, and invite Jungkook to sit next to me.

He rests the back of his head on his hands against the tree and looks out at the sky with a relaxed sigh.

"It's nice and peaceful out here," he closes his eyes, "I could almost forget about all my problems while I'm here."

The way he looks right now makes me want to kiss him, with his soft expression and the shadows of the tree playing across his face; but I can't bring myself to do it, I'm not brave enough.

"That's usually why I like to hang out here." I reply, my cheeks feeling hot from the thoughts rushing around in my head.

"Sometimes when I feel overwhelmed it's nice to be somewhere peaceful like this, so I can clear my mind at least for a little while." I say that, but this time my mind is like a hurricane.

"Ah, I might actually fall asleep." He suddenly sits up and frowns slightly in thought. Then he gets up and turns to the tree.

"Have you ever tried climbing it?" He asks.

"I don't think so." I tilt my head.

"Why not? Climbing trees is so much fun."

He reaches for a branch and with his foot on a lower branch, he pulls himself up into the tree. He climbs a little higher until he's at least a couple of metres above the ground.

"It looks a little dangerous." I say looking up at him.

"Pft, it's fine." He scoffs. "But if you're too scared-"

"Wait for me, I'm coming up." I cut him off and he smirks.

I try to climb up roughly the same way he did, but I stop to carefully sit on a lower branch. He watches me the whole time with a grin.

"It's not so bad, is it?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Whatever." I can't help smiling while avoiding his gaze.

Admittedly it is pretty cool sitting up here, I feel more free because everything is further away from me. Except Jungkook; he's just as close as before, close enough for me to still smell his strong scent.

"Why don't we play a game while we're here?" He suggests, "we still have plenty of time until class is supposed to finish."

"Sure. What do you wanna play?" I ask.

"Hmm... heh," he laughs cheekily, "how about would you rather?"

"That's always fun." I grin.