十四

We make it to the detention room and Jungkook follows me in while I walk up to the teacher at the desk, who looks up at me and Jungkook curiously.

"Jimin? I didn't think I'd ever see you here." He says.

"Aha yeah, it was kind of a misunderstanding." I rub the back of my neck.

"And you're the new student right?" He turns his attention to Jungkook, who nods quietly.

"I see, well, detention goes for an hour so make yourselves comfortable at one of the desks." He says before looking back down at his work.

I shrug and go sit down somewhere, Jungkook placing himself next to me. We exchange an awkward glance and both sigh as we lean back into our chairs. This is going to be a long hour.

After a while I'm so bored I start to feel tired because I can't do anything. I feel my head dropping slowly as my eyes start to close.

I barely hear Jungkook shift his desk closer to mine so he can rest my head on his shoulder.

"Hey Jimin," he whispers softly.

"Yeah?" I mumble, half asleep.

"There's something I want to tell you after this, okay?" He says.

"Sure." I reply.

"I'll wake you up when it's time." He goes quiet again, leaning his head on mine.

My heart flutters for a moment before quickly adjusting to the contact and finally falling asleep.

"Mochi~" Jungkook's sweet voice cuts into my slumber, "you need to wake up now."

I groan and slowly raise my head, blinking my eyes open with a yawn. I see the teacher collecting their things and standing up, looking at Jungkook and I.

"You're free to go now, and I hope this is the last time I'll see you here." He says.

"Yes sir." Jungkook answers before he walks out the door and we get up, following him out so he can lock the door.

The teacher walks off and Jungkook remains by my side as I rub the sleep from my eyes.

"I may have been dreaming, but I think you said you wanted to talk to me about something?" I look at him.

"You weren't dreaming." He says. "I wanted to talk to you about yesterday."

"What about yesterday?" I ask.

"It's why I was so distracted today." He begins saying.

"Yesterday when we saw each other in the toilets I asked you if you heard anything outside, well it's because I was talking to Dawon."

"Okay." I nod as I listen, waiting to see where he's going to go with this. I definitely know what I'm hoping he'll do.

"She asked me out but I said no..." he sighs. "And that's where you kind of came in..."

"Me?" I frown. "How?"

"Well, uh..." he struggles for words, clearly nervous about what he wants to say next.

"I said no... because of you." He admits. "I told her I like someone else already."

It feels like somehow he's closer to me than before, and I realise my back is against the wall.

"I'm sure you can guess by now who it is I already like." He says quietly, nervously.

"And I'm sure you can guess by now that that person also likes you back, right?" I whisper back and his eyes light up as he meets my gaze.

It seems like neither of us can hold it back any longer and our lips crash together, so desperate after wanting it for so long.

"I've been wanting to do this for a while now..." he mumbles when we break away to catch our breath.

"I was afraid you didn't like me the same way I like you." I bite my lip.

"Trust me, I've had a thing for you since the day we met." He says and kisses me hungrily again.

I grip the material of his shirt as he cups my cheeks with his warm hands to hold me close to him. He makes me feel so safe and warm inside I just can't resist his touch, and right now I feel like I just can't get enough.

This whole situation feels so surreal right now; it feels like I'm dreaming, and I hope I never wake up.