The bell to signal recess sounds and all the students quickly filter out of the classroom, having already packed their books impatiently.

I immediately think of Jungkook, he must have no one to sit with as he eats. So I turn to him with an inviting smile.

"Do you wanna sit with me to eat?" I ask.

A comforted look comes over his face at my question and he nods eagerly with a small smile.

"That would be nice." He says.

"Let's go then," I wave him over and we leave the classroom together.

We go to the cafeteria and I lead him to the table I always sit at, where my friend Yoongi is already sitting and eating.

"Hey," he says as he looks up at me. "Who's this?" He tilts his head at Jungkook.

"This is Jungkook, he's new here." I explain. "Jungkook, this is my friend Yoongi." I smile at him.

"Hi." He nods to Yoongi and he nods back.

I sit down opposite Yoongi and Jungkook sits next to me. I start to eat my food but he looks around the room slowly.

"Is something wrong?" I ask him.

"Oh, uh, no." He stumbles. "I was just looking around."

"All the other tables are full, but ours only has the three of us..." he observes.

"That's because we're not popular kids." Yoongi says nonchalantly.

"I guess I'm gonna fit in real well with you guys after all, then." Jungkook grins. "I wasn't popular at my last school either."

I can't help wondering what must have happened at his last school, and why everyone was so mean to him. What could he have done to deserve it?

And why wouldn't a boy like him be popular? He doesn't look like an outcast like Yoongi and I.

Nonetheless it doesn't matter, as long as he's hanging out with us. I won't be mean to him.

"We'll be your friends," I smile kindly at him, "so why don't we get to know each other?"

"Sure, what should we talk about?" Jungkook says.

"Hm, well, do you maybe have a nickname or something?" I think aloud.

"I used to get called Kookie." He answers.

"Cute!" I impulsively exclaim, scrunching up my nose.

"Ha, it matches your nickname," Yoongi laughs at me and Jungkook tilts his head at him.

"Really? What is it?" Jungkook asks curiously.

"Everyone calls him mochi because of his cheeks." Yoongi points to my face and I scowl at him.

"They're so soft and squishy." He teases.

Suddenly Jungkook places his large, warm hands on my cheeks and squishes them slightly, letting out an adorable laugh at my face.

"You're right, they are soft and squishy like a mochi~" he chuckles and I feel my cheeks heating up.

I hope he can't see how red my cheeks probably are right now.

Normally I don't appreciate the nickname much because I feel belittled, but when Jungkook is cupping my cheeks and laughing like that I don't mind at all.