Mess Up

It's been almost a month since you, Penguin, and Jim Gordon finally killed that bug-eared bastard, Theo Galavan. Jim was being investigated to see if he had any part in the murder, but, of course, he was lying through his teeth. Why wouldn't he want to admit to getting rid of that human dumpster?

Oswald and yourself were MIA since everybody knew you had part in it. You were proud to admit that you murdered Galavan, but Arkham wasn't where you wanted to be.

You were living in the city next to Gotham, while Oswald was nowhere to be found. Who knows, he might already be dead. You heard about the people getting frozen to death. It was crazy.

You visited Gotham occasionally, but it was best for the visits to be short and rare. No need to be thrown back into the looney bin. You were staying in abandon buildings. They were remote and quiet. Plus, you could see parts of Gotham from them.

You walked silently down the road that would lead you into the city you once considered home. Gotham was so quiet and boring without Jerome terrorizing the streets.

You walked along the streets, noticing that there were barely any people. You walked past a shop with TVs in the window, but did a double take at what was on the screen. You walked back and saw the headline.

"Oswald Cobblepot arrested for the murder of Mayor Theo Galavan"

You giggled at the screen. How was he stupid enough to get caught? It was easy enough to escape from the cops.

Suddenly, your old mugshot popped up and a description of you below it along with a number. It wasn't a surprise that the sound wasn't working, but you could tell that they were looking for you next.

You began walking away from the building, turning a corner to walk into an alley. You froze when you saw a cop car. The two cops looked up and jumped out of the car. "Hey! Don't run!" One of them shouted, but you weren't stupid. You turned to run, but ran into a broad chest.

You fell on your butt hard. You gasped at the pain. Once you collected yourself, you looked up to what you bumped into. You saw a cop with red hair and green eyes. His smile lit up. Tears came to your eyes.

"J-Jerome?"

"What?" He said. "Jerome Valeska? You must be one crazy chick?" You looked up at him with shock all over your face. "What?"

Jerome bent down so he was eye level to you. "I'm not the dead ginger, but you, honey, need some real help. I'm sure Arkham will be sufficient." You shook your head and suddenly Jerome was gone. He was replaced by a middle-aged man with dark hair.

"You're not Jerome," you pointed out. He rolled his eyes. "Glad we came to an agreement. Now, get up." He grabbed your arm and pulled you up. "Where are you taking me!?" You shouted. He scoffed. "Y/N Y/L/N, you're under arrest for the murder of Mayor Theo Galavan."