No Place Like Arkham

Bump, bump, bump. That's all you felt at the moment; the bumps of the car ride to Arkham. You were actually kind of nervous going back. Last time Jerome was there to protect you, but Jerome was gone now, and you're gonna have to learn to protect yourself.

     The van came to a rocky stop, causing you to fall out of your seat. You groaned in pain as the door opened. One of the drivers walked in a dragged you up, throwing you to the other man. You fell into his arms, but he let you go so you fell to the floor.

     You cried in pain. You felt the skin of your knee rip open and the blood begin to flow out of the cuts. You looked up at the man, who was chuckling, with clenched teeth. "You bitch!"

     You jumped up and ran at the man. He brought his fist back, but it was too late for you to move. He punched you square in the face, knocking you out.

...

You woke up with a major headache. You groaned before opening your eyes, noticing the disgusting ceiling that was covered in mold and other unknown substances. You groaned again, this time in annoyance. The only place that could be this dirty, was Arkham Asylum.

You looked to the side and, sure enough, you were in a cell at the old asylum. Oh, how you didn't miss this place. You sat up, taking a second. Your mouth was dry and you were in need of water, but you knew that you wouldn't be getting any anytime soon.

You stood up and walked to your cell door. You took a look out of the tiny window that they allowed you. You noticed a guard at the end of the hallway. He was sitting there, reading the newspaper, which just so happened to have your's and Oswald's faces on it. The headline read:

"Ex-Mayor Theo Galavan's Murderers Locked Up In Arkham!"

You rolled your eyes at the headline. It wasn't even catchy. "Ya know," you called out, causing the guard to look at you with annoyance. "I once threw a couple people off of the Gotham Gazette. It was a lot of fun. Ten outta ten!"

The guard chuckled at you, looking back to the paper. "I bet your dead boyfriend is thinkin' the same thing in hell." Your blood began to boil. How dare he even say a word about Jerome.

Kill him.

Torture the hell outta him. Make him want to die.

You walked back to your bed, sitting down. You heard a sound coming from the other side of your door. The door was pushed open and there stood a guard. "Don't get too comfortable, Y/N," they joked. You smiled to the guard. "Henry!" You exclaimed.

     Henry was the only Arkham guard that was actually nice to you. He was around your age and heard your story. He understood why you snapped, but he didn't agree with your life choices, but who did?

     He smiled at you and motioned for you to come over to him. "You have places to be," he announced. You stood up and walked over to him. "Really? Is it the Common Room?"

     "Nope, not yet. That's after this," he informed you. You looked to him. "What exactly is this?" You asked. He only chuckled. "Oh, you'll see."