Birds and Lions

Barbara's P.O.V.

I sat at the table with Tabby, staring at the pink sprinkled doughnuts. Tabitha chuckled. "What?" I asked. She smiled sadly. "Y/N loved those fucking doughnuts. She ate them every day," she recalled.

I looked at her and she finally looked me in the eyes. "I need to go out," I informed her. She looked at me confused. "Where?" I stood up and walked towards the door. "I have some business to take care of."

————————————————————————

I walked down the streets, towards an alley. I looked around multiple times, checking my surroundings. Ever since Jerome died, people have been hiding in their houses, staying away from people like me. People that are free.

I set my duffel bag down, doing one more check before starting. I grabbed a can from my bag and began painting. I painted two big eyes, along with a smile made out of "HAHAHAHA".

I took a couple steps back, admiring my work. I smiled at how nicely it turned out. I promised Y/N that people would remember Jerome, and I sure as hell planned on keeping that promise.

"That's a lovely picture." I snapped around and saw a figure walking out of the shadows. Once the light hit them, I saw it was a woman with a blonde pixie cut. I took note of the clown makeup she was wearing.

     "You one of us?" She asked with a slight accent. I put a hand on my hip. "One of you?" She nodded. "You know, a Jerome follower." I stood up straight. "Jerome?"

     She laughed. "You sure do repeat people a lot. Yes, Jerome Valeska! The guy that- wait a second. You look real familiar, lady." She pointed a finger at me. I looked at her. "Well, you don't."

     She laughed again. "You are one smart lady, lady. So, what's ya name?" She asked. "Barbara Kean." She smiled. "You're part of the Maniax! You knew Jerome!" She exclaimed. I nodded.

   "What's this Jerome thing you're talking about?" I asked. She smiled. "A... group, of sorts." I raised an eyebrow. "For Jerome?"

     She shrugged. "Well, yeah. What's wrong with that?" She asked. I smirked. "Absolutely nothing."

     She pointed behind her. "We have a whole club and everything. You should come. It's real down there. No having to be caged birds. Down there, you're a free lion, just like he wanted." It only took me a second to come up with something.

"Take me there."