New Friends

Third Person P.O.V.

Y/N grumbled as she was dragged to the Common Room by a guard. It was her first time being let out of her cell since being thrown into Arkham. She hasn't seen Jerome since Jim Gordon locked them up for killing all of those people in the circus. She smiled at the thought.

The smile quickly fell as the guards grip tightened. "Watch it, will ya!" Y/N exclaimed. The guard glared at her, and yanked her, making her head spin. She growled and shook her head. "No respect for a young lady. I pity any woman that you lay your hands on," she spat.

Before the guard could do anything else, they reached he Common Room. The buff guard unlocked the gate, and pushed Y/N into the room. All of the patients occupying the space, turned to her. She noticed that they were all men, making her roll her eyes. How typical.

She noticed some men begin to eye her like chicken, making her gag. She quickly forgot about the creepy and disgusting men when somebody called to her. "Doll?" She looked around and stopped when her eyes met with the deep, blue eyes of her lover. She smiled as they both realized that it was each other.

"Jerome!" She exclaimed, running up to him. To some of the inmates, it would seem like it had been years since they had last seen each other, but it had only been about a week. She jumped into his arms, joining in an embrace. She smiled as she felt safe once again, in the arms of Jerome.

Jerome kissed her cheek as he spun her around. It seemed like the perfect fairytale, except for the whole being locked up in an asylum part. Jerome set his doll down and smiled at her. "I missed you," Y/N confessed. Jerome's smile grew. He grabbed her hand and led her to an empty table. "I missed you too, gorgeous."

She smiled as he sat down with her. "Is it any different than it was the first time you came here?" Y/N asked. Jerome shrugged. "More or less. The guards are still dicks, and the patients are crazy," he explained. Y/N nodded. "How long have you been here?" She asked. "They brought me down my third day. The people here are absolutely insane, doll. Nothing like what we saw at the circus," he admitted. She took a minute to look around.

At some tables, patients were playing board games, having a peaceful time. Some inmates stood up, walking around. Many were talking to themselves, or things that they thought were there. One table in particular caught her eye. Four men were sitting at the table. One was a giant. He had muscles, and was bald. He looked like he could cause a lot of harm.

Another man was tiny and seemed to be shaking. His eyes would dart around every once in awhile, and he would laugh. His sleeves were covering his hands, which he held to his chest. Y/N smiled at the man, though he didn't see it.

There was one short, fat man. He had curly hair, and a beard. It looked like he was long overdue for a shower. He was picking at his teeth, which were yellow. Although Y/N hadn't spoken to the man before, she could tell he was a cannibal. It was written all over him.

Finally, there was one normal looking guy. He was older. He had tan skin and brown hair. He practically radiated power, making Y/N roll her eyes. If only he knew. The man chuckled, watching the two lovers from his spot next to the hairy man.

The man stopped picking his teeth, and looked at the elder with furrowed eyebrows. "What?" He asked. The older man looked at the hairy one with dissatisfaction. Why had he let these bozos become his only allies in the asylum? He needed someone with power, just like him. He wanted those two. "You see those two, Greenwood?" The man asked.

The hairy man looked at Jerome and Y/N. He watched them for a second before nodding. "What about them?" Greenwood asked. The older man chuckled. "I want them to join the group," he admitted. "They're kids, Richard. What good would they do us?" Greenwood asked.

Richard sighed and turned to the other men at the table. "Dobkins. Helzinger," he called. The two men looked to their leader, waiting for his orders. "What do you think about those two over there?" Richard asked. Dobkins and Helzinger looked at the two teenagers. They seemed to be in deep conversation, no longer paying the others any attention.

"The girl is pretty," Dobkins examined. "Orange hair," Helzinger added. Richard nodded. "What do you think about making a couple of new friends?" He asked. Dobkins clapped in excitement, but Richard knew that the small man would agree with anything he said.

Richard walked towards the two. Y/N was the first to look at him, making Jerome do the same. They watched as the man sat next to Jerome, smiling weirdly. The stared at him skeptically, not knowing what he was going to do. "Hello?" Jerome greeted. Richard's smile grew. "Hi there. I'm Richard Sionis," he introduced, shaking the man's hand. Jerome slowly shook it, staring at the man in confusion. What did he want with him and his doll?

"Jerome Valeska," Jerome said. Richard released Jerome's hand, and turned to the girl sitting across from them. "And you are?" He asked, grabbing her hand. "Y/N Y/L/N," she said, watching as he kissed her knuckles. Once he let go of her hand, she brought it to her lap, wiping it with her dress without Sionis noticing.

"Well, Jerome and Y/N, I was wondering if you two would like to sit with me and my friends?" he offered. They all turned to the table, and saw the three men were watching them expectantly. Jerome and Y/N watched as the hairy man waved. They made disgusted faces, turning back to the man. "Why?" Jerome asked bluntly.

Richard chuckled. "I have many connections around here. I could get you two anything you want, with a small price to pay," he explained. Y/N and Jerome looked at each other. Y/N quickly turned to Richard. "What's the price?" She asked. Sionis shrugged and sat back. "First price will be you two joining me at the table. After that, depends on the favor."

Jerome and Y/N had a silent conversation while Richard watched. Y/N sighed and turned to the older man. "Fine. We'll join you," she agreed. Richard smiled and clapped, grabbing the attention of some of the inmates and guards. "Great! I think we'll all get along just fine."

Richard got up, leading the pair to the table, and their new friends. Jerome waited for Y/N, grabbing her hand. "Do you remember him at all?" She asked, referring to their previous life. He shook his head and pulled her after Richard. "No. Guess things really are changing," he whispered. She laughed. "Guess we're in for a ride."