Messages

You woke up to the sound of Ed's home phone ringing. You grabbed around for the phone, finally findining it and putting it to your ear. "Hello," you greeted.

     "Y/N," Ed said, out of breath. You sighed in relief. "Oh, thank God you're ok. Where are you? What did you do with Jim?" You asked.

     "I'm downtown. Jim got away. I shot him, so he's injured, but he snuck away. Listen, I'm not going to be home tonight, but if he shows up, kill him. I can't risk him telling anybody anything," he instructed. You nodded. "Of course."

     "I'll see you soon, Clown girl," he said. "Nighty-night, Riddle man."

...

     You sat on the couch, staring at the t.v. He was caught. Of course he was. He was so obviously guilty.

We should have put on a show.

     You rolled your eyes at the voices. Your meds from Arkham had finally run out, so they were back. You were worried about Ed. He had become like a brother to you.

Forget about him. He's not important.

We have to worry about Jerome.

     "Why so glum, doll? Have you caught feelings for the Riddle man?" You looked up and saw Jerome. You shook your head. "Of course not. I only love you, Jerome."

     He sat down next to you. "That's good, but your voices are right. You didn't come back for people like him. You came back for me. Let's keep it that way." You nodded. He smiled at you. "Good. Well, you better get to work. Things are about to get crazy."

Suddenly, he set down a folded piece of paper in your lap. You grabbed it and opened it, seeing it was a letter directed to you. You looked up, but Jerome was gone. You sighed and began reading the letter.

Dear Y/N,

Meet me at the café next to the Gazette. We have some catching up to do.

     You stared at the letter in confusion. Who would send you a letter. Not many people knew you were here. Only Ed, Oswald, and now Jim. Or, at least you thought that was all who knew.

     You sat there contemplating whether you should go or not. You stood up and grabbed your leather jacket and walked to the door. If it was a friend, you had nothing to worry about. If it was somebody that didn't like you...

     You checked your pocket to make sure you had your gun. You smiled when you felt the cold surface of it. Oh, how you hoped you would use it.

...

     You walked in the door, looking around. The place was small and pretty much empty. The only people that really came here were journalists at the Gazette when they were on breaks, but it was pretty late for that.

     "Y/N!" Somebody called. You looked around for the voice and froze when you found it. You stared in shock at the person. "Holy shit."