Who Are You?

I followed the lady, whose name I learned was Jeri, to her club. She wouldn't shut up about how she and the rest of the followers practically worshipped Jerome and Y/N. They even had fucking shrines for them.

Once we reached the outside, I stopped and admired the building. It wasn't much. It looked like any other Gotham building, but I knew that the inside was much different. I could hear the rock music blasting from the inside, and the shouts of the Jerome Clan.

"You comin' or what?" Jeri began. I looked to her and nodded, following her inside again. We walked in and it was a complete mess. There were people everywhere: jumping, dancing, singing, kissing, even fighting. The music was loud enough for all of Gotham to hear, and behind the band, a video was playing of Jerome. It was like the highlights of his life.

The people were dressed as clowns, cops, Arkham inmates, everything you could think of. They laughed at everything, as if they were Jerome.

I followed Jeri to the stage and stopped at the stairs as she walked up. She walked to the microphone and tapped it, getting everyone's attention. The band stopped and the people grew quiet. I looked to the video and saw a video from the gala, Y/N and I in the background.

"Sorry for interrupting the party, but we have a special guest. Please welcome, former, or current, who even knows anymore? Anyways, it's Stabby Babs herself! Barbara Kean!" She introduced. I walked onto the stage as some people clapped, some booed, and some just stared.

I walked onto the stage and looked over the crowd. There were so many people. Jerome and Y/N really did do a number on Gotham. Jeri motioned for me to walk up to the microphone, so I did.

"Hi." I smiled. "As some of you may know, Jerome and Y/N were very good friends of mine. With Jerome dead, and Y/N gone, I don't know who I can trust anymore." I watched the anger grow on their faces at the mention of Jerome's death.

"Shut up, whore!" Somebody shouted. "You let him die." I glared at the crowd. "Who are you people?" I asked. They looked at me as if I were a talking horse. "Followers of Jerome!" I shook my head and chuckled.

"No, really, who are you? When Jerome was alive, I didn't see any of you guys doing stuff like this. No parties or clubs, no dressing up, nothing. You guys didn't do anything for him. What kind of followers are you? Jerome would be very disappointed. You guys didn't do anything to prove yourselves while he was alive. How can you make a dead guy proud of you? And for what? Drinking? Smoking? Jerome hated that shit. His mother did all of it. Are you guys like his mother? How can you even call yourself his followers, if you are the definition of what he hates?

"I know you guys aren't scared because, hey, the guys dead, he can't come back to punish you guys, but guess what? Y/N, is very much alive, and when she comes back, she is not going to like this. So, I suggest that you guys fix up this shindig and turn it into the main event. Turn it into something they would both be proud of," I finished. They all stared at me with wide eyes while I smirked.

"Have a nice party."