Sleeping Beauty

"You've got to be kidding me," Lee complained. You continued to stare at Barbara's unconscious form. What had happened? Was she dead!?

"Oh, do you know Sleeping Beauty? That's my name for her. So lovely, so still. Like an angel," she said softly. You took a moment to look at the doctor. Something about her was off. She gave you the creeps.

"Uh-huh," Lee agreed, even though you knew she didn't. "Is there a problem?" She asked. Lee began pushing the wheelchair again. "No. No problem at all."

Miss. Peabody turned her attention to you. "Y/N, why don't you take a seat? I'll be back shortly." She walked out of the room. You nodded and took the bed next to Barbara. You sat there, staring at Babs. How long has she been like this? Why was she like this?

You watched Lee walk up to besides her bed. You looked to the bed next to Barbara's and saw that the lady was already laid out. "You have no idea what you're missing," Lee said. You wondered if she remembered you were here.

Lee leaned down and grabbed Barbara's face, making her face her. "Bitch," she growled, throwing her head back. "Lee," you warned. Before she could respond, you were interrupted. "Where am I?" The lady in the bed asked. You turned your attention to her.

She was clearly ill and needed help. "Where am I?" She repeated. Lee walked up to her. "Nora. Try not to exert yourself," Lee said. Nora. That's a pretty name. It reminded you of winter. "You're in a hospital," Lee informed her.

"Who are you?" She asked. "This is not Gotham General." Lee sighed. "No. You're in a more secure place. I'm Dr. Thompkins. Lee." She smiled. "They're scared of Victor," Nora realized. Lee looked away and began to do stuff. "Yes," she admitted.

"Victor only did these terrible things because of me," she confessed. Who was Victor? What has he done? "You're not responsible for your husband's actions," Lee comforted her. So Victor was her husband.

"He's not an evil man," Nora defended. She must really love the man. "He believes the good in saving me outweighs the bad of his actions." Lee set her clipboard down. "I understand, but he's not my concern right now, you are, and you have to try and stay calm. You're stable, but you're still very fragile."

Nora shook her head. "I could have saved him." Suddenly, all the dark thoughts of how you were the reason Jerome was dead and how you could have saved him came back to you. Tears began to fill your eyes. "I saw him going down this path. Becoming more and more obsessed. Why didn't I do something?" She cried.

Lee looked at her sadly before glancing at you. "I know what you mean," she said, looking back at Nora. "It's hard when you love someone. You see the person that they were, the person that they could still become. You close your eyes to the truth." Nora nodded as tears fell down her cheeks.

You stood up and chuckled sadly. "Wow. You both really know how to make a gal cry." You wiped your tears away. They both looked at you. "Well, um, I think I'm gonna leave now." You began to walk away, but Lee stopped you.

"Y/N, wait!" She called. You stopped and turned to her, waiting for what she wanted. "Stay here. You're ill and you may be able to help Nora. Believe it or not, you guys have some things in common." You scoffed. "Like what? We both fell in love with criminals? Think about the differences."

Lee shook her head. "You're also both dealing with a lot of pain from what your lovers have done!" You scoffed again. "Lee! You know me! I'm a criminal! I'm locked up in an asylum, for God's sake! Her husband is still alive! Jerome's dead! Gone! Forever! She still has time with him." You cried harder.

Lee shook her head. "Nora is very ill. We don't know how much time she has left." You looked to the women, rubbing your tears away. "At least you won't be the one that's left alone," you said, walking out of the room.

...

You ran even as the sirens began ringing. You knew it had to do with that Victor guy. He was probably here. You began to slow down as you heard heavy bangs coming towards you. You stopped and looked around for the source.

You froze once you saw a man in a suit that looked like an astronaut with a gun walking towards you. He held his gun up and looked like he was about to shoot you. "Wait!" You shouted, causing him to hesitate. "I know where your wife is!"