Goose

You sat at a table across from Aaron. You watched the group of inmates sit in a circle of chairs, playing Duck-Duck-Goose. You were keeping a close eye on Penguin. You noticed he seemed out of it.

     You watched the guy with clips in his hair pick Oswald, startling Penguin. He was clearly confused as of what to do. "You're supposed to chase me," the boy said. "You're the goose."

     Oswald stared at the boy with his jaw dropped. "No, no. I'm- I-I-I-I'm, uh." He clenched his eyes shut in confusion. "I'm the- I-I'm a- I'm a Penguin." Oswald smiled to the boy. "Goose!" The boy shouted. "Goose!" He cried. "Goose! Goose!"

     A doctor walked up to him. She was tall with dark skin and glasses. "Problem?" She asked. Oswald looked to her. "He's not being the goose," the boy cried. "It's fun to participate in group, Mr. Cobblepot," she argued. "You should try."

     "Yes. Yes, I-I-I'm glad to," he stuttered. You stared at him in confusion. What was wrong with him? "What is it they want me to do?" He asked. "Be the goose," she said with raised eyebrows. He looked at his hands and began flapping his arms like wings. He laughed as she smiled.

     Your attention was drawn elsewhere as you heard the doors on the other side of the gate open. You turned around and saw a bunch of men walk in with GCPD vests on, carrying guns. You jumped up and walked over there as you watched Harvey and Jim walk in with a short man with glasses, followed by Lee pushing a woman in a wheelchair.

     They stopped by the gate. "Sweet mother, is that Penguin?" Harvey asked. Jim walked up to the gate to get a better look. You popped up, causing them to jump. "Sad, innit?" You asked. They looked at you with annoyed expressions.

     "Jesus, Y/N! You scared us half to death," Harvey said, holding his chest. You giggled and nipped at him. "Seems drugged," Jim pointed out. The man in the glasses walked up. "He's been quite agitated since he arrived. We put him on a mild sedative to keep him from hurting himself."

     The gate opened and the nurse that was talking with Oswald walked out. "Dr. Thompkins, my assistant, Miss. Peabody, will accompany you to the infirmary. She can provide whatever you need." Suddenly an idea popped into your head. "Thank you," Lee said.

     Before they could walk away, you stopped them. "Wait! May I come to the infirmary? I've been having some majors pains in my stomach and I don't know what's wrong. Plus, my face has been bugging me," You lied, motioning to your scar. You saw Jim and the man share glances, but you knew he would let you. He had to seem good in front of the cops.

     "Of course, Miss. Y/L/N. And if you don't mind, I'd like to meet up with you after to check up, if that's alright?" He asked, opening the door. You nodded and stepped out into the hallway. "Of course, Mr..." he smiled at you. "Strange. Hugo Strange."

     You fell into step with Lee as Miss. Peabody led you guys to the infirmary. "Hiya, Lee! Miss me?" You giggled. She rolled her eyes. "Last time I saw you, you and Jerome tried to kill me," she pointed out. You shrugged. "Sorry about that! Couldn't have ya ruining the show! But I guess Theo Galavan beat ya there, huh?" You asked sadly.

     You saw Lee look at you with pity. "Y/N, even after everything you've done, I can tell that Jerome's death is really hurting you. If you need anything, I'd be happy to help. Even if it's just talking about it," she offered. You looked to her, and for once, you didn't feel the need to threaten her or be a bitch. You realized that she could be helpful. You smiled and nodded. "I would like that a lot." She smiled at you and nodded. "I'll set something up."

     You guys stopped talking as Miss. Peabody opened the doors for you. The last time you were here, you and Jerome had caused a fight throughout the whole asylum. Long story short, you now were missing a piece of your arm because of Greenwood.

     You let Lee in before you and followed slowly behind. You looked around the counters and saw a bunch of medical equipment.

     "I trust you both won't mind sharing the wing with our dear Miss. Kean," Miss. Peabody announced. You snapped your attention to them and stared in shock at the bed. There lied your best friend, Barbara Kean.